• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question of the Day.... 5-6

Diesel

What say you about Quin and Trades  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I think it's because I care more about liking the players on the team than I do maximizing the chance of a championship.  I get that this perspective isn't really conducive for discussion, but it's the same reason I don't want Kyrie on our team, or Dillon Brooks, or a good shooter that could space the floor like ...Grayson Allen... or a myriad of other dudes in the league.  It's also why it makes me sad trading guys like JC who are very likeable/respectable and bought into the city and the fans.

There's a line, but I want a chip.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

There's a line, but I want a chip.  

Trust me I do too lol, but I also recognize the reality is 1 team out of 30 wins every year, so the odds are heavily against us.  If that was my number one goal every year, I will be disappointed, well, every year so far... and on average about 97% of the time.  So I think it's important to find joy in the process, watching the players grow and develop, enjoying good plays, good wins, good seasons, etc.  Can we have those things AND win a chip?  Sure, I would love that.  But there's a downside for me that comes with making major moves for players I don't particularly care for, and that downside is that I don't enjoy the previously mentioned things as much, if the roster contains core pieces that I don't care for personally.  I think everyone has these same feelings across some spectrum with different tolerances, and mine happen to be on the far end.

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trust me I do too lol, but I also recognize the reality is 1 team out of 30 wins every year, so the odds are heavily against us.  If that was my number one goal every year, I will be disappointed, well, every year so far... and on average about 97% of the time.  So I think it's important to find joy in the process, watching the players grow and develop, enjoying good plays, good wins, good seasons, etc.  Can we have those things AND win a chip?  Sure, I would love that.  But there's a downside for me that comes with making major moves for players I don't particularly care for, and that downside is that I don't enjoy the previously mentioned things as much, if the roster contains core pieces that I don't care for personally.  I think everyone has these same feelings across some spectrum with different tolerances, and mine happen to be on the far end.

That's a Pepsi Challenge question. 

What are the most tainted championships by an acquisition?  KD to the Warriors?

Which former Hawk's player killed our joy the most when they were acquired?  JR Rider?  

I genuinely like all of our current players as people.