• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Front Office (Landry Field's/Korver and company)

sillent

As much of an advocate that I've been of Travis Schlenk I'm really liking his successors so far.

We ended up getting one of the cerebral coaches of this league which are far and few.

We got Saddiq Bey without losing any key players or players at all for that matter.

Our draft in my opinion was fantastic with the guys we brought in (Kobe Bufkin, Mouhamed Gueye, Seth Lundy)

They understood that it was necessary to get rid of JC no matter the cost.

Made a sneaky good underrated move trading with Houston and getting 2 young/highly serviceable players. They are cost efficient now and should be in the future but I think we would come to love Guruba as the player we were wishing in Bruno and Ty Ty Washington jr can be a very serviceable back up PG.

On top of that we got 2 (possibly very useful) 2nd round picks and a million in cash to give away a player most of us didn't know we still had rights to in (Alpha Kabba).

I'm not too impressed with the talks of Siakim because of the price/cost of it all but the fact that they have a clear goal and target and are adamant about the type of players they're adding or trying to add to our team speaks volumes.

Our summer league should be a testament to how deep we are and hopefully we do big things there that carry over into our season. I think it will be the 1st step to showing how there is power in numbers and having a deep team with hard nosed/skilled talent.

Overall I'm highly impressed for a front office full of "newbie's" and I'm looking forward to seeing their overall vision come to fruition and produce great things for our organization.

Great start so far!

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, sillent said:

As much of an advocate that I've been of Travis Schlenk I'm really liking his successors so far.

We ended up getting one of the cerebral coaches of this league which are far and few.

We got Saddiq Bey without losing any key players or players at all for that matter.

Our draft in my opinion was fantastic with the guys we brought in (Kobe Bufkin, Mouhamed Gueye, Seth Lundy)

They understood that it was necessary to get rid of JC no matter the cost.

Made a sneaky good underrated move trading with Houston and getting 2 young/highly serviceable players. They are cost efficient now and should be in the future but I think we would come to love Guruba as the player we were wishing in Bruno and Ty Ty Washington jr can be a very serviceable back up PG.

On top of that we got 2 (possibly very useful) 2nd round picks and a million in cash to give away a player most of us didn't know we still had rights to in (Alpha Kabba).

I'm not too impressed with the talks of Siakim because of the price/cost of it all but the fact that they have a clear goal and target and are adamant about the type of players they're adding or trying to add to our team speaks volumes.

Our summer league should be a testament to how deep we are and hopefully we do big things there that carry over into our season. I think it will be the 1st step to showing how there is power in numbers and having a deep team with hard nosed/skilled talent.

Overall I'm highly impressed for a front office full of "newbie's" and I'm looking forward to seeing their overall vision come to fruition and produce great things for our organization.

Great start so far!

I agree on many of your points; however, this upcoming supposed “big” trade will trump all of the goodwill if we see any of AJ/JJ/OO go out the door.  They are ascending players on manageable deals.  

• Like 3

The new front office is doing good work, TS was good but it seems he had some issues and put us in a bit of a cap bind and did not square away our coaching situation very well.

I'm certainly looking forward to this season and see what Quinn can do with this lineup. I hated losing JC but given his contract his declining play and him always being surrounded by trade rumors it was probably time to move on unfortunately. I wish JC never injured his finger and he lived up to his contract.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hawkish said:

I agree on many of your points; however, this upcoming supposed “big” trade will trump all of the goodwill if we see any of AJ/JJ/OO go out the door.  They are ascending players on manageable deals.  

That is true but statistics say maybe even just one of those turns into a star. Also statistically they have a higher chance of not being on the team long term than hitting even a solid rotation play. Look at the Hawks draft/trade thread.

Edited by theheroatl

46 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

That is true but statistics say maybe even just one of those turns into a star. Also statistically they have a higher chance of not being on the team long term than hitting even a solid rotation play. Look at the Hawks draft/trade thread.

You’re right.  At the same time, it is the “farm system”, that allows good teams to continue to reload despite the bloated contracts already on payroll.  

Due to his needing to be resigned the soonest, OO is the guy that I would probably be able to digest trading the quickest. (If Siakam is a guy we just have to have because no young player on our team could ever become such a talent — blasphemy)

OO/Hunter/Gay/Mathews for Siakam works cap wise.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

You’re right.  At the same time, it is the “farm system”, that allows good teams to continue to reload despite the bloated contracts already on payroll.  

Due to his needing to be resigned the soonest, OO is the guy that I would probably be able to digest trading the quickest. (If Siakam is a guy we just have to have because no young player on our team could ever become such a talent — blasphemy)

OO/Hunter/Gay/Mathews for Siakam works cap wise.

I want to emphasize that I do not want to trade OO.  

Fatigue— It seems that fatigue is settling in for some of us just to “get a deal done already” and that is scary.  Fatigue causes people to fold and satisfice.  We don’t have the pressure to be a contender next year like Boston does.  Stay the course…

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

We don’t have the pressure to be a contender next year like Boston does.  Stay the course…

I want us to have the pressure to be a contender though. Just happily making the playoffs isn't and shouldn't be enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I want us to have the pressure to be a contender though. Just happily making the playoffs isn't and shouldn't be enough.

Of course— I’m saying that Boston is expected to be a contender because they already are.  We should always have the expectation to become a contender, but a play-in team can’t realistically expect to become one in one year.  Possible? Sure.  Reasonable expectation? No.

• Premium Member
Just now, Hawkish said:

Of course— I’m saying that Boston is expected to be a contender because they already are.  We should always have the expectation to become a contender, but a play-in team can’t realistically expect to become one in one year.  Possible? Sure.  Reasonable expectation? No.

When have we ever been in true 'contender' status? 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When have we ever been in true 'contender' status? 

The Braves.  Yes.  The Falcons, Dream and Hawks?  No.  Not really.  But we continue to hope that it happens soon.

One of four pro Atlanta teams.  Not very good odds, is it.

🥲

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

The Braves.  Yes.  The Falcons, Dream and Hawks?  No.  Not really.  But we continue to hope that it happens soon.

One of four pro Atlanta teams.  Not very good odds, is it.

🥲

The Falcons were legit contenders.  Just because they lost a Super Bowl they should have won doesn't mean they weren't legit contending.  

Dreams and Hawks no.

Atlanta United - yes!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I agree. What is slightly baffling now though is we don't even know what our team is yet under this new system.

If Quinn is who he is supposed to be which I believe he is then we haven't seen what our team is capable of yet.

The Warriors weren't "contenders" until they won their chip the 1st yr but on paper they looked like a West coast version of our 60 win Hawks. Honestly our fates could've crossed paths if we stayed the course that yr but we stopped our ball movement after that magical January and then key defensive players got random injuries that cost us when it counted.

Miami last yr is a good example of teams that weren't considered contenders and even the Nuggets to some degree. Stay the course, play hard and play as a team and most NBA teams have enough talent to go the distance. 

I to want to win it all not just once but multiple times. No matter what the analyst label us as (they are mostly wrong anyway) we have an opportunity to show something different.

Now if we start to spot the true holes in our team after playing in the new system of course correct them but like the Nets and others have shown having stars and being labeled contenders doesn't necessarily win you a championship. 

If that's the case the Bucks would've had more, Suns, Celtics, Lakers and etc... A label doesn't get you the chip the on court production does and in this era it's the deepest teams that win it all.

Emphasis on "team".

Edited by sillent
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

The Falcons were legit contenders.  Just because they lost a Super Bowl they should have won doesn't mean they weren't legit contending.  

Dreams and Hawks no.

Atlanta United - yes!

Falcons have been to the Super Bowl twice.  The first time, one of their leading players was picked up for soliciting sex from an undercover law officer.  This let all the air out of their balloon.  Easily lost the game.

The second appearance, the Falcons had a nice big lead then went into their famous "prevent defense"  which prevented them from scoring any more and prevented them from stopping their opponent.  Lost that one by the biggest comeback ever in any Super Bowl.

Two very sad times for a Falcon fan.

🥲

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With the Quinn hire, I can't help but think about how bud transformed the team relatively quickly when he got here. He did it without 1 legitimate star. Seeing as though they come from the same coaching tree, it would be nice to see the ball movement we once had. Bogi/AJ/Bey/Kobe/Lundy/Mathews are all snipers that could eat in the right system

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Bigjmw said:

With the Quinn hire, I can't help but think about how bud transformed the team relatively quickly when he got here. He did it without 1 legitimate star. Seeing as though they come from the same coaching tree, it would be nice to see the ball movement we once had. Bogi/AJ/Bey/Kobe/Lundy/Mathews are all snipers that could eat in the right system

This is a great point.  And Bud did it again in Milwaukee. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bigjmw said:

Absolutely — Smart players that improve and are unselfish 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1