• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question of the Day... 7-7

Diesel

• Premium Member

Open ended...

Are you afraid of Years?

What I mean...  I have a problem signing for Siakam because the resign (which will probably be necessary) will have to be for 5 years and it would take him to 35 years old 52-53 Million dollars. 

But I have less fear about KAT who is already signed for 5 years.

Does the thought that a player could get injured or that they can become like Tobias Harris... does that ever worry you as a Hawks fan?

Please elaborate. 

• Premium Member

One thing that I would like to say...

Hunter. 

We just signed him to a rookie extension.  He hasn't been durable.   He has clear flaws in his game.   I just read the draft.net negative reports on him and they are so spot on that it's scary.   Everything that was predicted has shown up.  It's suggested that we have tried to move him this off season and he's still here.  He may be unmovable.   He's the new Tobais Harris. Does that scare anyone?

Any time you sign any player to a huge, many years contract is scary.  They are not robots.  If a machine breaks down you buy new parts and repair it.  If a player breaks down you become helpless.   I don't like helpless....

😉

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Any time you sign any player to a huge, many years contract is scary.  They are not robots.  If a machine breaks down you buy new parts and repair it.  If a player breaks down you become helpless.   I don't like helpless....

😉

You are sharing so much wisdom!

• Thanks 1

Yes I am. The present and future cannot be evaluated but the past can. KAT has been hurt a lot and this makes me more skeptical of him not getting seriously injured again while Siakam has been steady and has a history of being an iron man. 

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's not a good comparison at all.

Not in terms of money but in terms of the value of his contract vs. his ability/durability give trading partners pause. 

I was surprised to see some rumors about Harris this offseason.   Even if it were started by Philly.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Not in terms of money but in terms of the value of his contract vs. his ability/durability give trading partners pause. 

I was surprised to see some rumors about Harris this offseason.   Even if it were started by Philly.

Actually his raw numbers are compatible to Harris for half the money except the 3 point shooting.  Plus Harris is 30...Pretty bad analogy

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Still a bad comparison. Harris is making almost double for similar production.

Harris has been on the trade block prior to this offseason.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Actually his raw numbers are compatible to Harris for half the money except the 3 point shooting.  Plus Harris is 30...Pretty bad analogy

The only numbers that are comparable are the points per game:

image.png

When you go to the advanced numbers you see a big difference:

image.png

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

The only numbers that are comparable are the points per game:

image.png

When you go to the advanced numbers you see a big difference:

image.png

I can do the same thing with Trae and say someone like Dame lillard.  Lets not play this game

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I can do the same thing with Trae and say someone like Dame lillard.  Lets not play this game

Huh?  You said they were comparable.  Looks like Jay said the same.  I think there are some major differences in their numbers other than points per game and pointed that out.  

You literally said you talk about people when someone comments on them.  You commented on Hunter and I replied. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Huh?  You said they were comparable.  Looks like Jay said the same.  I think there are some major differences in their numbers other than points per game and pointed that out.  

You literally said you talk about people when someone comments on them.  You commented on Hunter and I replied. 

I said the raw numbers...Read the post!

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I said the raw numbers...Read the post!

Did you read my post?  I made the point that their raw numbers are not comparable except in points per game.  

By the raw numbers, Harris has:

36% more rebounds

79% more assists

80% more steals

67% more blocks

That is not comparable.

Your post also noted the raw numbers versus salary in a way that suggested an evaluation of value per dollar to me.  I think value per dollar is better assessed by advanced metrics.  I therefore commented on the huge gap in those advanced metrics.  Note that Hunter was still the more valuable player at least by Win Shares per dollar.  A Hunter WS cost $4M versus a Harris WS which cost $6.4M.  That reverses if they repeat these numbers next year (a Hunter WS next year with the same numbers will cost $8M).

(This is not the case for BPM and VORP since Hunter is negative in both stats.)

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Still a bad comparison. Harris is making almost double for similar production.

Harris has been on the trade block prior to this offseason.

Damn... it's almost as if I didn't say NOT IN TERMS OF MONEY...  But anyway...

The thing about Harris is that he's been on the Blocks for years.  Much like Gobert people won't touch him because his level of play doesn't meet the value given to his contract.   That's all I'm saying about Hunter.  His Level of play doesn't meet the value of his contract.     Teams are less willing to trade for him. 

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Damn... it's almost as if I didn't say NOT IN TERMS OF MONEY...  But anyway...

The thing about Harris is that he's been on the Blocks for years.  Much like Gobert people won't touch him because his level of play doesn't meet the value given to his contract.   That's all I'm saying about Hunter.  His Level of play doesn't meet the value of his contract.     Teams are less willing to trade for him. 

I think Hunter's inability to stay on the floor is more of a concern.