8 Braves represented at the all star ⭐️ game

Spud2nique

This is the most amount of players we’ve gotten in any year to my recollection, although I didn’t check. 

Lookin good at the break, let’s come back and stay healthy and humble and get it!

Have fun tonight fellas! Much deserved! 

Would be pretty great if a Brave got the MVP tonight as well! 😊 

@macdaddy Doin it for #44!

IMG_8770.jpeg

• Like 4

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is the most amount of players we’ve gotten in any year to my recollection, although I didn’t check. 

Lookin good at the break, let’s come back and stay healthy and humble and get it!

Have fun tonight fellas! Much deserved! 

Would be pretty great if a Brave got the MVP tonight as well! 😊 

@macdaddy Doin it for #44!

IMG_8770.jpeg

Heck yeah!  This team could end up being really special.  I worry about peaking too soon but these guys are amazing. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Heck yeah!  This team could end up being really special.  I worry about peaking too soon but these guys are amazing. 

I feel you. I’ve never had this feeling of kind of being set up as far as young guys, contracts, prospects and just the chemistry 🧪 we have is awesome. 

Feels like the 90’s but even better with younger dudes. I mean we had the elite pitching staff and positional players that were awesome like TP, Gant, etc. but these guys we have today are stars ⭐️ of the league. Pretty awesome. Enjoy it @macdaddy !

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I feel you. I’ve never had this feeling of kind of being set up as far as young guys, contracts, prospects and just the chemistry 🧪 we have is awesome. 

Feels like the 90’s but even better with younger dudes. I mean we had the elite pitching staff and positional players that were awesome like TP, Gant, etc. but these guys we have today are stars ⭐️ of the league. Pretty awesome. Enjoy it @macdaddy !

It's pretty remarkable what they're doing.  I think they're very lucky Albies and Acuna were content with the deals they signed.  Both could be making far more, which would make it harder to put the team together as they have 

• Like 4

Just now, kg01 said:

lucky Albies and Acuna were content with the deals they signed. 

This. Albies one was highway robbery. My fav dude. He’s prolly already my top 5 Brave all time. Love his spirit, his passion for the game and life in general. Acuña steals are off the charts too, funny as a kid I watched Ricky Henderson break the steals record from Lou Brock. Acuña is on a pace I’ve never seen. Crazy times 💗 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's pretty remarkable what they're doing.  I think they're very lucky Albies and Acuna were content with the deals they signed.  Both could be making far more, which would make it harder to put the team together as they have 

Do you think if we asked Trae and DJ to take 40% pay cuts, would they? We’d ask nicely of course… 🤨 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Do you think if we asked Trae and DJ to take 40% pay cuts, would they? We’d ask nicely of course… 🤨 

I honestly feel bad for them.  Hope they get rewarded somehow on the back end, though it's probably unlikely unless they leave.  Braves cut cords on guys easily. 😢

• Sad 2

Just now, kg01 said:

Braves cut cords on guys easily. 😢

No doubt. Even in 94 I was terribly upset about how they handled the Ron Gant leg injury despite Ronnie riding 🏍️.

Ya, cut throat type of team, Braves are no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

No doubt. Even in 94 I was terribly upset about how they handled the Ron Gant leg injury despite Ronnie riding 🏍️.

Ya, cut throat type of team, Braves are no doubt.

Ron was my favorite until Griff the crime dog came along. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I honestly feel bad for them.  Hope they get rewarded somehow on the back end, though it's probably unlikely unless they leave.  Braves cut cords on guys easily. 😢

It's true but they aren't cutting Acuna if he's playing at a high level when the time comes.  they will pay.  Freeman wouldn't have been in LA if he and is agent weren't screwing around.   Dansby needed to go.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's true but they aren't cutting Acuna if he's playing at a high level when the time comes.  they will pay.  Freeman wouldn't have been in LA if he and is agent weren't screwing around.   Dansby needed to go.  

Why?  Not disagreeing, just dont know about his situation.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why?  Not disagreeing, just dont know about his situation.

I don't know really.  Just seemed like there wasn't a lot of concern in the clubhouse about him potentially leaving.  He's obviously still hitting but will he hold up through the contract?  I'm not sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't know really.  Just seemed like there wasn't a lot of concern in the clubhouse about him potentially leaving.  He's obviously still hitting but will he hold up through the contract?  I'm not sure. 

Thanks.  I thought the defense would suffer without him, but it's been fine. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Thanks.  I thought the defense would suffer without him, but it's been fine. 

Same. Honestly I thought Grissom was taking over but Arcia wtheck, that dude when he was with the Brewers I thought he was a scrub, he is the biggest surprise over the last couple years for me. Solid.

• Like 2