• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who won’t be back in a Hawks uni in 2023-24?

Spud2nique

Who won’t be back next year with the Hawks  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who won’t be a Hawk next year?

• Capela
    • Hunter
    • JJ
    • STOP 🛑 TRYIN TO TRADE JJ!!!
    • Bring the Diesel polls back now!!!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2023 at 12:03 PM

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Have we learned nothing the last 2 years.  Here's how you figure out who will be here and who is gone

image.png

image.png

That’s true but why is it so hard to fathom that it’s a possibility that he could be included in a trade package? I mean I get that he has a friendly contract but I think he should be attached to one of the other two or both (Cap and Hunter) for an upgrade at the PF position.

I don’t want to go from JC to Jalen. I’m sorry. That is a DOWNGRADE. 

There I said it. Frankly I’m a little scared 😟 I said it… :blink: 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s true but why is it so hard to fathom that it’s a possibility that he could be included in a trade package? I mean I get that he has a friendly contract but I think he should be attached to one of the other two or both (Cap and Hunter) for an upgrade at the PF position.

I agree with that for this season.  I think he has a lot to prove and plugging him in as the starter seems really premature.  Still i think he's shown enough to warrant seeing what he can prove as the backup to someone and eventual starter.  just not sure who.  That's why i was disappointed to see Wes Matthews added instead of a veteran 4.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

IMO, he should not be off limits in the right deal.

JC is much more proven than Jalen although Jalen was arguably better than JC under Snyder.  I do think Snyder clearly saw JJ being held back by Nate so that is probably part of the reason JC is gone.  I also think that the team's strong performance with Bey on the floor helped pave the way for that as well.  My prediction has been that Bey is the starting PF next year which I would think would fit a Spud outlook pretty well.  

As for JJ, I think he definitely has a lot of potential to be more impactful than JC but that JJ has not demonstrated that superior performance over a large enough period of time yet to be considered a reliable outcome for this season.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Ultimately, I feel there is zero chance we run this team back without adding a long distance threat to the starting lineup.  We must address the shooting/spacing if we intend to do make any noise at all.  It's just too easy to clog the middle and force this team to shoot.  Teams figured this out two years ago and we absolutely have to make an adjustment.

Could it be that under Snyder's offense, that will look better?  Maybe, but I don't think we're going to run it back with a "maybe."  I think we want to maximize our ability to stretch the defense.  Given that he's a hot target while also being a spacing killer, I think Cap is gone.

Which also sucks because I absolutely love his game. 😔

• Like 1