• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OT Question of the Day... 11/18

Diesel

Diesel, I agree that the Falcons would win but it would be a heck of a game, wouldn't it.  Question.  Are they playing college rules or NFL rules?  One difference comes to mind.  Pass completion with one foot or both feet down in bounds?  Another one.  Time out to move the chains?

:smug:

Edited by Gray Mule

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Diesel, I agree that the Falcons would win but it would be a heck of a game, wouldn't it.  Question.  Are they playing college rules or NFL rules?  One difference comes to mind.  Pass completion with one foot or both feet down in bounds?  Another one.  Time out to move the chains?

:smug:

Good Point.

College Rules. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

Doesn’t matter the rules.  The Falcons would steamroll UGA. 

It's an interesting take.

I don't think that the size difference is that much. 

It's hard not to see the pros from UGA stepping into the pros and playing right away. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Diesel said:

It's an interesting take.

I don't think that the size difference is that much. 

It's hard not to see the pros from UGA stepping into the pros and playing right away. 

There are a handful of UGA players who could step into the NFL and play right away.  There is a larger number who given a full offseason of training and teaching will step in and play next year.

Every member of the Falcons was a star in college and virtually all of them now are better than they were when they played in college - some by a very substantial amount.  In a physical game like football, there is a huge gap between a group of 23-34 year olds and a bunch of 18-22 year olds.  And for a technical sport like football, having years of professional training makes you much better qualified than guys who are just a couple years out of high school.

I think the difference is huge even for a team as good as Georgia.  

On 11/19/2023 at 7:38 PM, AHF said:

Doesn’t matter the rules.  The Falcons would steamroll UGA. 

Nope.  UGA is the top college team in the country right now.  Too many UGA players are drafted into the NFL each year to believe any steamroll.

Being an old rat in the barn, I remember when one of the lesser NFL teams would play an all star team of college players after the season.  I have watched, on TV, as the NFL team went down in defeat.  This only happened once or twice but it happened.

Right now our Falcons are not very good and UGA is very, very good.  I give the pro team the edge but not by a lot.

🥰

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Nope.  UGA is the top college team in the country right now.  Too many UGA players are drafted into the NFL each year to believe any steamroll.

Being an old rat in the barn, I remember when one of the lesser NFL teams would play an all star team of college players after the season.  I have watched, on TV, as the NFL team went down in defeat.  This only happened once or twice but it happened.

Right now our Falcons are not very good and UGA is very, very good.  I give the pro team the edge but not by a lot.

🥰

Strongly disagree.  IMO, it wouldn't be close.  I'd have to see a game where the NFL took it seriously before I'd believe otherwise.  I'm a UGA fan so I'm not dumping on them.  I know just how good they are and have been these past few years.  It has been wonderful.  But the gap between any NFL team and even the best college team is like the gap between a high school team and a middle of the road SEC team.  Too big to overcome outside of a "who cares" exhibition format.  The very best college basketball teams would stand a better chance because you don't need the same depth that you do in football and even there I don't think they would stand much of a chance.  (Alabama was the #1 seed last year and I don't think they would be close to beating the Pistons.  Think about the role players on the Pistons and how good they were in college:  Marvin Bagley, James Wiseman, Killian Hayes, Alec Burks, etc.  And that is before you get to the core players like Bojan Bogdanovic, Cade Cunningham, Jalen Duren, Jaden Ivey, etc.  I think you would see them crush the college team time and time again.  It might be possible for an upset but the edge would be huge.