• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBASupes Feb's Random Thoughts Thread

NBASupes

• Premium Member

For grins, let's say.. something happens and somehow we do have a top pick and at our time to pick, Sheppard is available.   Let's say that Sheppard is available and San Antonio or Charlotte drafted Sarr.

Do you trade up for him?

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

For grins, let's say.. something happens and somehow we do have a top pick and at our time to pick, Sheppard is available.   Let's say that Sheppard is available and San Antonio or Charlotte drafted Sarr.

Do you trade up for him?

No. I don’t think anyone is good enough in this draft to give up additional assets to trade up for. 
I like Sheppard, but he’s not a sure enough thing for me to trade up to get. If he’s available and we’re picking at 8ish, then it wouldn’t be a stretch to draft him there, though I don’t think a 6’2” PG is who we should take there. 
He outperforms his physical limitations, but I’m not 100% convinced he will continue that in the NBA. He could be Stockton, or he could be a career backup. 

@NBASupes if both Sheppard and Edey are on the board when we pick, who are you taking?

Edited by bird_dirt

57 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

No. I don’t think anyone is good enough in this draft to give up additional assets to trade up for. 
I like Sheppard, but he’s not a sure enough thing for me to trade up to get. If he’s available and we’re picking at 8ish, then it wouldn’t be a stretch to draft him there, though I don’t think a 6’2” PG is who we should take there. 
He outperforms his physical limitations, but I’m not 100% convinced he will continue that in the NBA. He could be Stockton, or he could be a career backup. 

@NBASupes if both Sheppard and Edey are on the board when we pick, who are you taking?

How many picks do I get and where? 

Edey is always who I am taking because of the highest impact on the board that fits what we do but his range will likely end up being 10-35. 

Whereas Reed's is 8-18. 

So playing GM mode, I would strongly see where's the interest in Edey and Reed and see if I can land both. I am not sure the need is for both. Also, we got to remember, we have Murray who could likely be traded for a top 5 pick and some. So we could have more options. For example, if I have a top 3 pick, I want Risacher. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Do you trade up for him?

Sheppard is tied for 1 on by BB with Zac and Cody but no. It's hard to trade up for anyone in this draft. It's kinda flat. Once the draft gets close, I think teams will push the ceiling guys like Williams, Castle, Risacher, Sarr, and Buzelis. 

Guys that will naturally drop depending on teams:

Connect 4, Edey, Sheppard, Dillingham

Neutrals

Topic, Flip, Walter, Holland, and Clingan 

Every year, the top 10 goes high ceiling and even with how far this class is from their ceiling, I don't see that changing this year. It's going to take draft like this having success to force teams to change their thought process.