• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GREG SWARTZX.com Logo

Spud2nique

Depending on what we could get back for him im open to it for sure.  If you can make a star for star trade that helps both teams by improving a position im down for it.  I think Murray is strong enough at PG that you have to listen to trade offers to upgrade 1 of the other 4 positions.    Now i wouldn't trade him for some bum it would need to be a legit equal type of talent or a better talent with us maybe adding a little more before i even think about it.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

This won't be on the table tho.  Which renders any talk of trading him pretty moot.

I wouldn't be so sure about that i could see the Celtics trying to move Brown.  I could see the Pels trying to move Ingram + some pieces for trae.     Depending on how much money it would save them i could see a Kat sign and trade.     Likely maybe 50/50 at best on any of them but not totally out of the question. 

18 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that i could see the Celtics trying to move Brown.  I could see the Pels trying to move Ingram + some pieces for trae.     Depending on how much money it would save them i could see a Kat sign and trade.     Likely maybe 50/50 at best on any of them but not totally out of the question. 

You're making my point by quoting me Murray-level deals, threez.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, akay said:

Trading Trae for any of these second rate stars is how we stay mid forever. We're mid now with Trae yes, but at least he gives us a high ceiling which i'd take over players like Brown and Kat.

DJ for one of them would be worth

I believe the disconnect here would be i consider Trae on those guys level as a 1b star / player and not a 1a super star.   Which i can understand their are other hawk fans that don't think anything like that and consider Trae a superstar type of player.  I don't agree with them on that but i respect their opinion 🙂

• Moderators
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's why the 'trading for picks back' is so short sighted. 

Aren't we tired of trading talent for picks at the expense of downgrading the on court talent? Then doing nothing with the picks to get immediate help? The never ending cycle.

We still have yet to see an on the court return for trades of Huerter and JC.  I guess we could add another player to that mix as well.  Maybe we could actually have the player drafted from the Huerter trade join the rotation in the next year or two so a mere 3-4 year delay!  

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Would you guys trade Trae for Ingram, Dyson Daniels, and a couple picks?

No for me.  I'd do DJ for that though.  Probably wont' get picks.  

To me you don't trade a guy like Trae who's an elite talent when he's 25 unless you forced to and i don't think we are there.  i hope not

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

No for me.  I'd do DJ for that though.  Probably wont' get picks.  

To me you don't trade a guy like Trae who's an elite talent when he's 25 unless you forced to and i don't think we are there.  i hope not

We'd have to be the one adding picks to trade DJM for that return.  Which might be fine.

I agree with you that you need to get an elite talent back if you are giving up Trae and neither Ingram nor Dyson are in that conversation.  

Just don't see many contenders that don't have at least one HOF type player.  Feel like a trade like this would ensure we won't have a HOF player at any time which means we won't be contending either. 

One positive about this trade idea, though, is that if we are getting unprotected picks back then there is at least the chance that NOP could go off the rails since Zion is a constant health risk.  At least I could envision a scenario where a pick in the next year or two ends up being high impact unlike teams like the Knicks who I think are absolute locks to not be in the lotteyr for a while.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Threezus said:

I believe the disconnect here would be i consider Trae on those guys level as a 1b star / player and not a 1a super star.   Which i can understand their are other hawk fans that don't think anything like that and consider Trae a superstar type of player.  I don't agree with them on that but i respect their opinion 🙂

Sure, but kinda easy for everyone to see Trae is future HoF and Brown/Ingram probably aren't. Need an elite return for an elite player

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

plus 4 unprotected FRP's. What does Houston think of that?

Basically that is how we feel about other offers for Trae.

Honest question, how familiar are you with Sengun?