• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cousins?

Ugh 😑 

Good luck!

But in the interest of full disclose, I’ve hated this SOB for a while.

Dang. I love rooting for the Falcons but this dude a grade A Gradey Richard! 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well we only have him for 4 years.  Still though this is a big upgrade from what we've seen the last few years.  A big, expensive, risky upgrade.

image.gif.2988670b4f8517e371973471455cb233.gif

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Well we only have him for 4 years.  Still though this is a big upgrade from what we've seen the last few years.  A big, expensive, risky upgrade.

Most of the money will be paid out over the first 2 years. $10 mil in year 3, unguaranteed year 4.

• Thanks 1

Falcons needed = They got!  Hopefully, he works out for the Atlanta Falcons.  Spud hates him.  This is a good sign!

Now we wonder what happens to the two we had last season.  Also, we wonder who we will draft/ and what position?

:smug:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's easy to see why we did it though.  Arthur Blank isn't getting any younger.  I'm sure he said 'get me the best QB that's available to us right now' and they did. 

I actually think it’s a really good move. I thought he was gonna get a ring with the Vikings a few years ago he was on fire 🔥 with Diggs. Drake Pitts Bijan and the rest should be excited.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Cousins on a reasonable contact would have been ok. This seems borderline desperate. The Justin Fields rumors were intriguing and I thought he would've been an ideal choice to grow with London, Robinson, and Pitts.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Justin Fields

Really you like him? I guess if he was much less costly but I think you’ll be pleased with Captain 👩‍✈️ Kirk. He’s got fire 🔥 in his belly! 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Really you like him? I guess if he was much less costly but I think you’ll be pleased with Captain 👩‍✈️ Kirk. He’s got fire 🔥 in his belly! 

35 years old and coming off an Achilles injury? The Falcons better bolster the O line. Fields, Robinson, and Allgeier would've made for one heck of a ground game. Regardless, Cousins will be 1000000% better than what they had at QB last season. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they win the NFC South next season.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It's easy to see why we did it though.  Arthur Blank isn't getting any younger.  I'm sure he said 'get me the best QB that's available to us right now' and they did. 

Pure desperation. Couldn't afford to go into next season with Ridder at the helm. He clearly needs more time in the oven. The Falcons easily win the NFC South last season with even an average NFL QB.

• Like 4

Birds added a wide receiver also in free agency and released a tight end and signed another one to replace him.  They get an extra 3rd round pick this summer.  Remember that wide receiver we traded to Jacksonville a few summers ago?  He was suspended.  Well, now payday comes for the Falcons.  Look and see what we get!

:smug:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I heard we traded Ridder for something and now we have a tampering charge because Cousins maybe isn't that smart at press conferences?   

Rondale Moore. 🤔 Kirk is a bit too woke 😂 dude is hyphy. Didn’t see this trade coming.

image.gif.bdacbce0cccd8245c52efa16a33f9e6a.gif

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 2

Nasty rumor going around that Falcons may lose some draft picks for tampering (Cousins signing) because he said that someone talked to him before they were allowed to.  

Question:  Are NFL players forbidden to talk to each other if they are on different teams during this forbidden period?  This would be terrible if they were brothers, wouldn't it.  Example:  Peyton and Eli.

:bb:

• Sad 2