• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024 Hawks Offseason Thread: Lottery Bound

JayBirdHawk

Hawks aren't trading the pick.

You really really think a franchise with it's first #1 is trading it? 

No front office is making that gamble mistake.. ya'll playing 2k in your minds

Edited by theheroatl
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Also anyone saying JJ can't slide to three must forgot we made it to the conference finals playing Huerter and Bogi on the perimeter.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Wiseman is less raw than Sarr is and I had Wiseman floor as Gleague. That's a problem man. This kid is a freakish talent but he's miles away from producing at the pro level and I don't even think he's a big at all. 

There isn't a prospect I've gone at people about more than this guy and now he's on my team's big board. f*** the NBA! Why do you hate my franchise so much 

Wiseman couldn't get off the bench because he sucked defensively. Period.

SARR IS A FRONTCOURT DEFENDER

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aali34 said:

Also anyone saying JJ can't slide to three must forgot we made it to the conference finals playing Huerter and Bogi on the perimeter.

Ya'll love stupid shit too much. But Supes, Trae and Murray gonna work. They aren't too small and Murray is fine with White, why can't he be fine with Trae. 

Man, it's the logical shit that doesn't come naturally that irks me about this site. 

JJ is a terrible perimeter defender. He's fine on switches but he's terrible defending in space. His team defense is good like Smoove, that's where he's strong. Luka got a paper Wilt number just off JJ defensive performance. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Having the number 1 pick is not about drafting with the next year in mind only but the next 10+ years.

Man, this kid is raw as f***

He doesn't have a position 

Is he tremendously talented, absolutely but you gotta have a position. Michael Beasley proved this already years ago. 

Sarr is a freakish talent. I even been on record in one of the recent pods that I will post on here that he has Shades of Scottie Pippen if it all comes together and considering that he's 7'1, he might be a generational WING in 4 years. But if he's a 5. He's an instant bust. He has no upside as a 5. Zero!

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll love stupid shit too much. But Supes, Trae and Murray gonna work. They aren't too small and Murray is fine with White, why can't he be fine with Trae. 

Man, it's the logical shit that doesn't come naturally that irks me about this site. 

JJ is a terrible perimeter defender. He's fine on switches but he's terrible defending in space. His team defense is good like Smoove, that's where he's strong. Luka got a paper Wilt number just off JJ defensive performance. 

Trae and Murray failed heavily due to poor offensive fit, but I'll give you that you did say you didn't like it.

I believe in JJ's development, I think he will improve in that area, but if you don't think so I see why.

As a 3, that's where he can be generational

He can go coast to coast.

Defend 1-5

Best lateral quickness I've ever seen from a 7ft ever. 

Speed demon for his size

Agility is solid and good for his size.

Frame is elite for a wing, good for a 4 and poor for a 5. 

His shooting touch isn't bad. 

Needs more reps. 

Not a center. Soft, weak, and lacks toughness. 

Tremendous hands, once he learns how to use them, he will be lethal. 

Below average mental acuity but doesn't suck mentally either. He has potential. 

If you draft him, you are drafting him as a high upside forward with the idea that he's a combo wing like Bey and you must understand he's gonna need some time in the Gleague. 

If you take him and think he's a 5. You might as well just throw the pick away for good. He's never going to be a 5, ever and be any good. 

I am not against Sarr altogether but I am for any team that could use him incorrectly. I believe most teams will try to use him wrong. Giannis went through this early as well but there is a lot different expectations at 1 than 15.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Trae and Murray failed heavily due to poor offensive fit, but I'll give you that you did say you didn't like it.

I believe in JJ's development, I think he will improve in that area, but if you don't think so I see why.

Offensively, they worked at times. Defensively, it was a disaster

He don't got that ability. You hoping for something that ain't there

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Offensively, they worked at times. Defensively, it was a disaster 

They had no synergy, your turn my turn basketball. Worst part is that both like to get to their own offense so when the ball would swing to them they would kill momentum. 

I agree on the defense.

• Like 1