• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hope we can get more than cap room

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

at this point becuase there is no one on the roster left to deal for a decent player if Sheed is moved.

I don't want Iverson, he has taken a beating over the past few years. He is also a thug!!!

If Sheed is traded for nobody then Phillips will have about 50 fans per game!

As I said before all the cash and cap room in the world does no good if the players won't come to Atlanta and Kobe ain't coming!

• Premium Member

Maybe it's all a pipe dream that this may be the time to get AI. He's the most marketable player in the NBA and definitely has Street Credibility. He's definitely what would bring this generation Out and he would definitely be the face of Atlanta Basketball.

I think you have defined the problem quite Nicely.

He takes a beating.

Unlike JT, AI's game moves toward the goal.

Still, I have to wonder, what would happen if we get Thomas/AI/ a first rounder the likes of Howard and we still have 8 million left to spend?

Would AI be able to draw somebody like J. Crawford/Foyle?

That team would be fun to watch:

Crawford/AI/Diaw/Thomas/Foyle...

Similar to an early rendition of Philly, it would be a team that is wrapped around the idea of AI as the offense... But he would have help.

• Premium Member

I'm not saying AI doens't have crownd appeal, he does BIG time. But as seen recently he has to have the support players around him.

Yes, maybe if he could lure a couple of top tier free agents it would work.

I just think he have give up too much for cap space. I do understand we were stuck, but we should have gotten back some young players in trade for Reef/Theo

Time tells all

• Premium Member

Ai won't come cheap...

However, with Good Management, we should be fine.

I mean, with AI/Thomas... We would still have about 4-5 million to spend on FA plus a MCE if we chose to use it plus the trade of JT. I would trade JT giving us about 12-13 million to spend on a FA. I would go after Foyle 6 Million, JCrawford 6.5 Million.

JC/AI/Diaw/Thomas/Foyle.

I would also draft the best player available.

Then in 2005, we lose Crawford/Hendu... We would have about 7 million more to spend. I would have to consider the market at that point. The point is that all of our players would be Young and have trade value.

And even if we find AI too much to deal with, I'm sure we could find a trade partner that would be willing to give us a good SG for him.

he would definitely sellout the philips arena...

but if ur trying to win ball games, iverson isint the ANSWER for our problem.

Iverson is a very good player, but hes not worth the trouble.*

* = finding guys that can work well around him, practices, etc

i rather have kobe