• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good Job Billy!

CHORO44

First, they gripe because Atlanta doesn't get a young player or a 1st round pick in the Reef trade. Now that they do get the 1st round pick, they gripe because of ?

This team is now in the best salary situation they have been in probably ever. They have guaranteed themselves a great shot at a top 5 draft pick. They have added another pick that will be in the 14-16 area, that will net them a good player. They have the money to go after a big free agent or two. Not only do they have money for 2004, but they are in great position for 2005 as well.

Billy Knight has been excellent. First, he didn't overpay or sign Jason Terry to a foolish contract. He got a very capable player in Stephen Jackson very cheap. He traded the untradable Glenn Robinson for cap space and a 1st round pick. Now, he has put this team in excellent situation in regards to the salary cap. He has made the Atlanta Hawks a legitimate player in the free agency market, which is something the Hawks haven't been a player in since they signed Dikembe Mutombo back in 1995. The Hawks were a team loaded with bad contracts that are now a team who's two remaining bad contracts will be off the books within a year.

Someone on this great site of ours tell us these big free agents that are going to sign with the Hawks and why they would want to be part of a rebuilding project. Please give me an answer and maybe I can see some validity to this latest trade.

Like I have said many times the first two trades I'm okay with. I just think they should have held onto Wallace. That's a person to build a team around. Even if he left we would be in the same boat now. With the 18th pick. I forgot how valuable that is. Maybe that is a reason one of these free agents will sign with us.

P

It's apparent that you are not paying attention when people tell you the number of good players that were drafted late in the first round. A late pick is better than nothing at all, which is what we would have had if we let Rasheed walk at the end of the year. I guess another year of paying overpriced talent to lose anyway would have been fine for some of you. I'm happy to see this team going in a different direction instead of mired in lottery land hoping to build around pieces that don't fit.

Maybe we could have traded Rasheed for McGrady. Or maybe a Rasheed for Webber deal could have been worked out. Maybe we could have waited until the season was over and did a sign and trade deal with the Knicks. I'm sure they would have traded us Othella Harrington, Tim Thomas, and maybe Nazr back for Rasheed.

TROUBLEMAN

Just like everyone that likes this latest deal and is happy with all those precious draft picks. You don't know what that will get us. It may work and may not

But, you also will never know what Wallace could have done for us(playing wise and attracting better players) or what he could have gotten us in a sign and trade.

So I don't think it is fair to slam someone that would want to keep Wallace.

I hope we could agree on that logic.

P

It's that simple.

Money!

Money!

Where there is money, free agents will want to go.

Look at Denver this past year. They came close to doing the same thing the Hawks have done this offseason, with the exception that Denver actually had to eat a couple of contracts.

Who wants to go be a part of a rebuilding situation in Denver after they won all of 13 games last season?

Andre Miller for one. Corey Maggette signed with them as well but his offer was matched.

The Hawks have money to sign at least two impact free agents. They will have a high draft pick that will net them an impact player, whether that is now or 2 years from now. They will have another mid-first round pick that will get them another contributing player. They already have a solid player returning in Boris Diaw and may decide to keep a 7 footer with a lot of potential in Joel Przybilla. Not to mention that they will also have cap room in 2005 to add yet another free agent to go along with another first round pick.

Well only time will tell. Detroit is now 10 million under the cap. Who are you going to choose Detroit or Atlanta. Phoenix is as well who are you going to choose Atlanta or Phoenix(more promising future at least right now)? Denver or Atlanta? I will give the edge to Atlanta over Chicago and Utah. But that's it. There isn't even a deep free agent market this year. So I guess we are going to tank again next year for another pick and more cap space.

But, we will see what happens.

P

They already have a solid player returning in Boris Diaw and may decide to keep a 7 footer with a lot of potential in Joel Przybilla"

Yeah, Joel has the potential to collect offensive rebounds

from his misses. I guess he figures "Ah what the hell, if I

can't score I'll pad my own rebounding stats!" I bet he's a champion in ping pong..*TIP TIP TIP* It's good finally!

Not to mention the fact that he's slow as heck. As someone else said, Joel has the potential to be a slightly more athletic Greg Ostertag.

"Andre Miller for one."

He wanted to get the heck out of LAC...He had to go some

where.

Detroit is going to spend all there money on Okur who will get 8 million of the 10.

On a side note, sleeper pick to consider with one of the second round picks.... Chris Duhon- excellent passer, great leader, and a stopper on defense. Just can't shoot. He'd make a great backup point guard.

Utah? No one ever answers that question. We gave away ALL of our bargaining chips for nothing but cap room and a protected pick. Now we have nothing on which to build, and no reputation that will attract free agents. What few fans still remained will simply not go out to see the collection of NBA garbage that we have now accumulated. More and more fans will give up in disgust and we further undermine the viability of this franchise in this city.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have given up on the roster we had, we just should have gotten something more than cap room and a protected draft pick out of it. Cap room alone isn't enough. Utah can tell you all about how great cap room is.

No one in their right mind would even walk across the street to watch the garbage team we now have. This does not bode well for our ability to regain our fan base, nor does it bode well for our ability to draw top level free agents.

I am nauseated.

Players want to live in Atlanta. They have wanted to play in Atlanta as well, and until now, the Hawks haven't had the money to do anything about it.

Atlanta has much more to offer the black basketball player than Salt Lake City offered.

Atlanta is a big media market, where Salt Lake City isn't. Atlanta is the nightclub capital of the US. Atlanta is the host city for the Superbowl every 5 years.

A free agent like Kobe Bryant can see how Michael Vick has taken to the city and the fans of the city. He can also see the opportunity to come in and be "The Man". The one responsible for the improvement of the Hawks. That's what Kobe's ego wants and needs.

A couple of things to think about:

1)NBA Basketball isn't popular in Atlanta. Even during

the allstar game a few years ago the crowd was dull.

2)Players have said the lack of fan support is a huge

turn off.

3)You have to have more talent. Nobody is going to come

and play with Boris Diaw/Chris Crawford and all the other

ham and eggers on the team.

It's not going to be that easy as you will find out this

offseason.

we just GOT a pick in the Blazer trade while at the same time assuring ourselves of a better chance at higher pick this coming draft if Portland achieves a better overall record than the Bucks (possible) and the Bucks make the playoffs (what we need to get the pick. Additionally, we don't know what the conditions would have been had we gotten the pick from PTL, but you have to assume that in general they'll be drafting in the 20's (most years).

therefore this was a fantastic, shrewd move.

I dont know if this was asked or not but why didnt ATL demand Marcus Banks in the deal. He is a young PG who has skills & rookie contract. Boston probably wouldnt give him up but I wonder if we atleast tried. Would anyone here liked to have him?