• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would Atlanta want Allen Iverson?

Blunt91

Would you do a Jason Terry & Alan Henderson for Allen Iverson and their 2ndround pick? They already gave us a future 1st in 2005 so they wouldn't want to give us another one. The reason I even thought of this trade is because the writer Stephen A. Jackson stated on ESPN that he believes AI will be moved this summer so should we take a chance on him? He is getting a little older( he's 28 will be 29 in July.) He also has that injury to his elbow. So is this something we would want? Sura or Diaw could be the pointguard for AI as JT would flourish in playing with Eric Snow in philly. JT might not ever score 30pts a game like Iverson did a few years back but with SNow JT could easly average between 20 to 22pts, plus he would be reunited with his boy Big Dog Glenn Robinson.

• Admin

I mean I'd love to have A.I... Or at least some of what A.I brings. He's probably one of my top 5 players in the game.

But that said, he's got way too much baggage. His injury history is going to be a major problem in the coming years. Once he loses some of his first step/speed, he's going to be Mitch Richmond. A "set in his ways" player who doesn't have the skillz that made him a star.

He would sell a lot of tickets, no doubt. He would fill the Phil every night. But I think we'd be stuck in a lot of the same problems as Philly is in. Trying to build a team around a guy who makes it very difficult to build around.

I would do this trade in a heartbeat. But, Philly wouldn't even come close to doing this trade. JT and Hendu are not going to appease the Philly fans.

Iverson would be great in Atlanta. Yes, he may not be as talented as he use to be. But he is better than Hendu and Terry put together. Also, he gives the team instant recognition. Not to mention he would probably be able to attract free agents to come here.

I think this would be a great move for the Hawks. I may even forgive Knight in trading Wallace if he pulled off this deal.

P

No JT & Hendu aren't as good as AI put together but wouldn't it give Philadelphia more Caproom to go after someone like Kenyon Martin? They would lose their superstar but it wouldn't take long for them to fall in love with JT. The JT that averaged 19.7ppg some years back, the JT that hit a 3point shot from about 30feet with the shotclock winding down against the Houston Rockets. Philly needs better perimeter shooting which is what Terry brings to the team. Iverson is a scorer, Terry is a jumpshooter. Poor shooting is what hurt them against the Lakers in the finals 3year ago, well that and Shaq in the post.

• Premium Member

Hendu's 10 million doesn't help Philly. Especially if they take JT. That deal would have us taking Snow as well (to make the salaries work).

Philly has too many players under contract. I suppose that they will finally deal with LAC. They can get back Wilcox/QRich/1st... Which would be way more than we are giving.

this whole go for TMAc thing is bunk. BUNK! you know Kobe's option out, therefore you know we have a chance at him, however slight you decide it is. However, there's no guarantee that TMac's even available next season...if they play well together, then suddenly everything's chummy again (or grant hill comes back) and that opt out is gone...and we're left holding our dicks, with tons of cash to throw at no one.

Trust me, players like Kobe, true superstars, don't come around very often. If you have a chance to get him, you do everything in your power to capitalize on it...cause you might not see a situation where the team has a shot at such anotehr player.

i'd do it of course IF they would do it..try and put him at point..(they talked about that the other day when they played the Lakers). I think he's the top player in the league POUND FOR POUND. when you watch him play, it's like he's sees things a bit sooner than everyone else.

• Moderators

Quote:

I would do this trade in a heartbeat. But, Philly wouldn't even come close to doing this trade. JT and Hendu are not going to appease the Philly fans.

Iverson would be great in Atlanta. Yes, he may not be as talented as he use to be. But he is better than Hendu and Terry put together. Also, he gives the team instant recognition. Not to mention he would probably be able to attract free agents to come here.

I think this would be a great move for the Hawks. I may even forgive Knight in trading Wallace if he pulled off this deal.

P

VERY VERY true. Philly wouldn't touch that deal with a ten foot poll, IMO. Iverson is so much more valuable than JT it isn't funny. IMO, that deal has as much a chance of happening as something like Shareef for Duncan.