• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It all makes Sense Now....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Since draft night,

The Hawks have been looking to move JT and either Hendu or Nazr for a 8 to 12 million dollar player that is allstar quality.

So the reports that we have been getting are true.

We have looked into Travis Best.

We have looked into Rod Strickland.

We have looked into Chris Childs.

We have looked into Mookie Blaylock.

In essence we have looked into any PG that can be a surrogant or a Back up to help DD come along. So that we can move JT for a SF or SG that can help us.

Being that I think about how to make the Hawks Better EVERYDAY, I will present some possibilities on the trade board today.

Trading JT is definitely not the right move. Dickau can't and wont ever come close to be the player that JT is. If this is true and they do end up moving JT then all I can say is season ticket holders at least you get 125 bucks back, but on the other hand there goes our beloved hawks down the drain again for another couple of years.

Babs again will look again like another donkey, making another terribly wrong move. I will hate to see JT like many of you as well, but it looks like Diesel rather have a far less talented PG like Dickau than JT. I guess he enjoys watching the Hawks lose. I'm tired of watching them lose for the last 3 seasons or so, I'm tired of senseless trades that we have other teams laughing in our faces. I'm just tired of this BS.

Do I want to see JT go? No, not in the least.

Would I trade JT if I knew the deal would make the team better? Yes, of course.

Does the proposed trade with New York make us better? No, not in the least.

There are players out there that I would trade JT for, I just don't know how many are on the trading block.

I wanna see what you can come up with, Diesel...

You're putting the cart a little before the horse there bud. I just can't put much stock into the NY rumor, Spree is simply JR part II. If Babs does trade JT to start Dickau, IMO, it wont be this year, conventional wisdom says you dont just trade out a top ten pick just for the sake of a trade, not to mention to clear room for a bottom 30 1st round pick rookie to take the spot. Dickau may be the goods, and he may even force a JT trade at some point......But not today, and hopefully not for some aging cancer.

• Premium Member

I have no stock in the rumor... IN fact, there's no way outside of JT/Toni/DJ or JT/Hendu/Nazr that we can get Spree and Harrington. I have no stock in that...

However, here's something that gets my attention:

In reply to:

The latest has the Knicks and Hawks talking about a trade that would send Spree and Othella Harrington to Atlanta for Jason Terry,

Nazr Mohammed and Alan Henderson.
The Hawks have been shopping Terry since they acquired Dan Dickau on draft night.

According to one Hawks souce, the coaching staff doesn't

While these sources may be wrong a lot, there may be some fire behind this smoke. We moved up to get Dickau. When we had needs at SF/SG. What did you think we would do? It only makes sense that we were:

1. Worried about paying JT...

2. Thinking that JT might not be able to handle the PG position.

I think that the latter is the case. JT is not a real PG. DD is closer with the Stockton endorsement. I think our plan is to trade JT for a SF/SG that is of a high level. Signing an experienced PG like Best or Childs to help develop DD... Then go for the playoffs.

That is what makes sense...

Why is it that you dont think we can get a scrub like Harrington and an old man well past his prime in Sprewell for an up and coming near All-Star guard, plus one of the best available big man out there in Nazr, plus a productive guy like Hendu who is MORE productive than Harrington. So you are telling me that JT/Nazr cant get us Spree? Thats a joke right? We should damn sure be getting Kurt Thomas from them in that deal. JT/Nazr are worth far more than Sprewell is thats for sure.

So you're thinking that the coaching staff does'nt think JT will be able to handle the point? That kind of goes against everything that Jaywalker has told us from Babs. JT was top 20 in assists last season, playing alot of 2, and he was top 10 in steals. I don't see how that translates to not having PG skills. How is JT not a real PG???? Diesel, you of all people should know better than to believe the hype, man. You of all people should know that if JT were playing in a market like NY or LA, with the numbers he puts up, he would be getting the slob-job from the ESPN bandwagoners about being a top PG in the league (Which he is). So, okay, we need a SF. Do we start a rookie and create another gaping hole to get it done? If we were going to sign that 'experienced PG' ala Childs, why not have the same philosophy with the SF? There are plenty of quality SF available, but we are'nt dipping into FA'cy. Pete has already laid out the word on that and the word is 'My hands are tied'. If they're tied for getting a SF, then it's pretty reasonable that they're tied for a PG too. So, no, it does'nt make sense to start a rookie PG, no matter how good he may be in the future, it does'nt make sense to cripple the team with no real backup point, it does'nt make sense to talk about going into FA'cy for a key backup when the GM has alrady said unequivocably that we don't have the means. What makes sense to me is keeping our top notch PG, developing the rookie, addressing the SF though trade that does'nt involve the backbone of the team.

In reply to:

. How is JT not a real PG???? Diesel, you of all people should know better than to believe the hype, man.

Let's be real for 1 second....

History Lesson

When JT played his first season here. I told everybody on the board at that time that JT was a 2 trapped in a 1's body. At first, I recommended that we go after the BIg Gaurd and Play JT at 2. However, it would have taken more than we were ready to give... We would have had to trade for either Gary Payton, Penny, or Derrick Anderson. However, Gary is old.. Penny is hurt... and Anderson is a whiner. There were other guys... McInnis, E. Davis, even Tito Maddux... But these guys lack the skill to play with JT... so from there new idea.

Maybe we can get a POINT Forward.

Well, there was only one for the longest... Scottie Pippen.. But some came to mind:

Toni Kukoc, Lamar Odom, and Jalen Rose...

Again, we did the least we could do to make that happen.

Pippen is too old. Kukoc is too injured. Odom is too doped up. and We never tried to get Rose (we should have, he went for cheap).

So now... another year. We must face the facts... College is not producing many big gaurds and Point forwards anymore. The NBA is doing as I predicted it will, going back to the standard game that it enjoyed in the 80's -magic. For the 12 yr olds, that means... Strong offenses...

So what happened on Draft night?

Babcock fooled you all. Babcock moved up to draft Dickau. While many said that Dickau would be a good BU to Terry.... I don't think that's the plan at all. Dickau is a TRAINED PG. He has been trained to be the next Stockton. Babcock knew this. Anybody that has watched Gonzaga over the last 2 yrs knew the ability of Dickau. Some even said that Dickau has the speed of JT with a better 3 pter and better PG abilities. Bottom line... You don't pick up a player like this to sit him on the bench.

So while JT is a fan favorite... The honest truth is that we don't have the pieces to make him work here. NY playing next to Houston or Seattle playing next to Payton or Minn playing with a SF/PF that can run the offense is where you might see JT shine... Anywhere else and he runs the same risk he did here... NOt fitting.

So what about his second half of the season last yr

Check JT's history. He always looks like a good PG in the second half of the season. When we're out of the playoffs and our coaching staff is just tinkering... The problem is that when you actually watch the games.. Sure JT does the PG thing but the offense still has no true flow. It's like...OK, we will run play number 2... however, if I get caught in the wrong situation, I will pass out because I don't know how to run the offense away from the playbook. IN a lot of ways, he's still that 2 gaurd...He's still looking to set up and take his shot. That's why I still say that guys like Maloney, Coles, and Vaughn have come in and run the offense much better than JT. Maybe because they were trained to do that all of their lives while JT was trained to be a scoring option off the bench.

We are not winning.... A healthy team ...JT at the point avg. 20 and 6.....a decent 2G (DG) ....and JT is the man. Baron Davis is the same type of player...everybody thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread.

And oh yeah...Dickau is no where near as quick and fast as JT....unless you have your VCR on fast forward.

I see Babcocks plan now lets trade Smitty and Mookie.. so we can young and athletic...then bring in a non athletic PG and an 33 year old SG ...wow....I think Dickau can do enough to be solid but I wouldn't bet JT on it!

Oh please Diesel give us a break man. You make no sense. Why in the hell would Babs think that Dickau is better than JT. First off Dickau slipped all the way to the 29th pick, barely a first round choice, Why? because most teams also though he is a SG trapped in a PG's body, he is not even injury prone. The truth of the matter is that Dickau has the same type of game that JT has, and thats look for shot first. In the game against the Bucks I saw him a couple of times pull up for three's. Also another thing I mostly like about that JT is the in between game, he can take anyone off the driblle and pull up for a 15-18 foot jump, and we all know he is dead accurate with that J. Another thing about JT, IMO he is more deadly from 3 pt range than Dickau anyday of the week. the Hawks will be making a huge mistake by thinking that Dickau is better than JT.

What I am going to say now is not because i'm a big JT fan, but Dickau will never ever be as good as JT. He will also never be a top 10 steals leader like JT. Bottom line Dickau cannot and will never touch JT's game.

Every yr, Babcock flirts with getting Spreewell. This is no new thing...

But this yr is the first time the truth has been said about JT and being a PG. He don't fit. 20/6 is just a rouse. If JT is on the floor he becomes a 2 under pressure.

You say put him on the floor with a quality 2???

Rider, Jackson, Johnson, Glover.....

How many do you want? Which 2 do we need to make JT look good as a PG?

I can only think of a couple.

Anderson, Payton, OLD Penny, and Tmac....

In other words, someone who can run the offense while JT serts up.

IF we can get a better fit better player by trading JT, we shouldn't close our eyes to the deal. Say what you want about Dickau... Dickau is MORE of a PG than JT... And Dickau didn't take three yrs into the NBA to get there.. Say what you want about his potential... It doesn't matter.

What matters most is WHAT CAN WE GET FOR JT?

I don't like Spreewell and Harrington too much...

But there are other deals that make us better.

1. JT for Odom.

2. JT for Lewis (Maybe makes us better).

3. JT/Hendu/Email for Jones.

4. JT/Nazr/CC for Lo/Battier.

5. JT for Wally?

6. JT/Toni/Hendu/Nazr for DD/Bonzi/Stoudamire.

Some are questionable but the point is that trading JT gives us Options.... While DD doesn't replace JT's value... DD + Say Odom is far more value than JT.

please man that is bull...JT is NY putting up the same numbers and he is a legit all star...in Atlanta its a rouse.

The team needs to start

JT

DG

DJ

SAR

Theo

plan to stay healthy and build on what we have... if we have to settle for trades like this...pathetic that we are even think ing of theis bull.

Lets analyze this then Diesel. Basically what you are saying is that Dickau is better than JT. Because JT sometimes need to be setup for some plays. Oh damn wait so you are saying that Dickau is better than Baron Davis, Stephon Marbury, Steve Nash, Sam Cassell etc... why because their teammates set them up as well for some plays. I mean according to that post that is what you are also saying, right?

Oh wait also you are saying that he is a better PG than JT right? check this out.

Dickau's summer league stats:

Game 1: 27 mins, 7 pts, 4 to's, 3 assists, 4 steals

Game 2: 23 mins. 16 pts, 7 to's, 2 assists, 1 steal

Game 3: 27 mins. 8 pts, 3 to's, 8 assists, 1 steal

3pt shooting: 3 for 15, 20%

avg's: 10.3 ppg, 4.6 to's pg, 4.3 apg (what a great to/a ratio)

2 spg

And this is against guys that are most likely not gonna have a chance to play in the NBA, I really want to see him do anything near this in the real show.

Diesel how can you even form you mouth to say that DD is as quick as JT? Thats like saying Theo is as big as Shaq just about.

Any deal from New York is a definite no IMO. They don't have much I want. I will do JT for Odom and thats about it for the people thats actually avaliable.

What on Earth would make anyone think DD is even in the same league with JT.

I am tired of people over reacting to any trade idea that might even exist. DD is a backup at best. Your telling me you trade our #1 option for some low level scrubs. Let develop a team that can win a champioship in 2 or 3 years not some second round loser, we've had enough of those.