• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Anti-Awards: Most Regressed Player

chillzatl

• Admin

This is the player who took the biggest step back from the previous year. Someone who had a great season in 02-03 and was expected to do great things. But for whatever reason, took a step back this season. Injured players do not apply.

GIVE US YOUR VOTES!

After compiling an acceptable list of candidates, we will have a real poll to decide the winner.

I would say that we could nominate Dion Glover. He didn't have to worry about playing behind Jason Terry or Ira Newble this year. He had the starting shooting guard spot all to himself but couldn't produce on a consistent basis. He was benched at the beginning of the year in favor of Diaw then after the Wallace trade he falls out of the rotation and later is waived from the team.

Antoine Walker

Caron Butler

Paul Pierce

....and PP wins by a brick.

Has anyone seemingly done less for their team's wins? I mean he's an "allstar" and yet Bron had to slip to get him into the playoffs. His team, while sucking, shouldn't be that bad....I mean you had the great start of Baker, Ricky should really be an ideal teammate for him....and they should have pg's and some depth now....

wow. Caron (nice all D)probably would have won except he's only a soph, so expectations are less, and he simply got replaced by Eddie Jones/ Wade....sorta like Reef.

• Admin

I mean I don't care that you have to let 8 teams in. They should make an exception for teams with records that bad. You said it right about Bron. His team was playing good basketball, better basketball. They were definitely on the rise. While the celts were sinking like a turd in a broken toilet.

it is embarassing that the league has to display such a pathetic team and call it playoff basketball.

I truly hope that Stern's taking notice of how bad this first round is and how much we alljust want to move on to the second. I don't mind watching Dallas and Sac play more ~ but that's about the only first round matchup worth a 7game series...and even then, most of us would agree that the Kings are going to win eventually. I really need to start betting.

I saw Stern at the Grizz game/on tv the other night...he practically admitted/knows that this is a bad first round. He wanted this 7-round all the way through...I just hope he's man enough to give it up in the next CBA. Maybe he'll use it as a chip to get his age limit...cause we all know it's for the best, when all's said an done (yes, there are exceptions). The very least he could do is reverse the previous bargain and go back to 5 for the first while making vets report to training camp on time/the first four days (that was the deal).

the concept of havin a 7 game series would work if the teams were more BALANCED.

i mean, c'mon... theres absolutely no way that an upset would occur in the first round.

its simply not fair. the good teams are STACKED and the others are just out there tryin their best to compete.

did u guys see the ROCKETS game?

they were playin their best and shooting lights out... but for most of the 4th quarter, it was still a somewhat close game until Francis took over.

i mean, the ROCKETS have to do EVERYTHING right in order to win. on the other hand, Lakers can be losin in the rebounding department/fg % department/etc and still win the game.

its this simple- unless the talent is more evenly distributed... the NBA 1st round playoffs will not be competitive any time soon.

they just should have it the top 4 teams in each conference play in the playoffs... lol

That's what I'm saying....here you are saying how a West 1st round game was barely competitive...and that's the stronger conference, with the lower seed (Houston) having two semi-legit all-stars.

please go back to five games. If a team upsets a higher seed, then they earned it/the other team blew it. And yo'ure right, an upset is much less likely in a seven game series, thus "drama" is decreased and the agony is prolonged ~ it's bad for the association. If a team suffers deletrious injuries that ends up pushing them down to the lower seeds.

I'll save my diatribe on how much coaches, not to mention many vets, are vehemently against the "gained" 4 days less of camp that their union gained for them by allowing Stern to increase tv revenue in the 7game format.