• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steve Nash in the news

RLHawk

I live in Dallas, and the big news (debate) here is with the way the Mavericks have stunk up the joint this year (well at least on the road), should they resign Steve Nash. He has been an underpaid top 5 PG for several years.

Should the Hawks look at him to come in and run our point? How much is he worth? He can run an up tempo team and distribute very well, but he is getting older. I am not sure how many years he has left in him.

But, he is a true point guard.

Nash would have no one to pick and roll with on our team thereby rendering him useless. I guess if we had decent big men he could drive to the paint and dish but I don't think we have capable guys who could finish. Guess I'm not a big Nash fan. I remember watching them play at Arco in the playoffs two years ago and the guy sitting below me kept screaming "White Trash Nash" for the whole game. I wanted to kill him.

I don't think it makes any sense for us to go out and sign a 31 year old PG to a big contract considering how many other holes we have to fill. What sense would it make to draft Dwight Howard or Josh Smith and then sign Nash who will be WAY past his prime before Howard or Smith is ready to realize their potential. I'd rather see us go out and sign a guy like Daniels who has not even come close to playing his best ball yet who can grow with our young guys. That doesn't even take into account the fact that Daniels is going to command significantly less than Nash will on the open market. I hope that Cuban feels obligated to give Nash big, long-term money, thus making it more difficult to keep Daniels in the fold.

I agree that there are cheaper alternatives. My last comments were only meant to say that Nash's career is not yet over.

As for his fit with the Hawks, I do not think he would want a rebuild, but maybe the point guard position is where we need a calming veteran influence. I do not have any faith in any of the team's current guards.

he won't/wouldn't want to come here unless we sign a MAJOR FA (who I can't even think of right now) and our trying to bid on him and miring ourselves in uncertainty for two weeks while Dallas matches would be a bad move come July.