• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

According to RealGM....

jezmund

you do realize that PHX wants no contracts back in return. That's there goal...to get enough money to sit at the table that is Kobe. They have a nice argument for him, Marion'd be a perfect compliment to him...and Amare, Johnson...so many. They'll trade all but one of those pieces to get Kobe. In those terms, we have little to offer in a trade...we don't have enough contracts/worth to play a hand.

• Premium Member

If the Suns were trying to do a Sign in trade for Kobe, I would think that they would love to have a contract coming back... Namely JT....

Think about it. IF we send JT to Phoenix for White/#7... Phoenix can turn around and give the Lakers: Marion, JT, and Johnson in exchange for Kobe...

The other part to that is that I think that Charlotte is not doing a SNT of Kobe but would rather get him outright and add him to: Matrix/Amare.

After those comments from the Lakers GM, I think Kobe is a lock to re-sign with the Lakers. I used to think we had a shot but not anymore. Kobe will be a Laker for life.

That being said, I have no clue why the Suns are using up a pick to dump Jahidi. Excluding Kobe, there is no other FA this year that is worth dumping salary for. White's contract only has 1 more year and it should have positive trade value come next year's trade deadline. We shouldn't give up a pick to move him if we have no shot at Kobe.

Tough to figure out what Suns brass is thinking right now. Maybe they just want to save $$$. Colangelo is turning into Donald Sterling part II. I'm glad he finally sold the team.