• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Viktor dealt to San Antonio?

jezmund

Well, the Hawks get more money and another 2nd rounder.

I knew some kind of trade was bound to happen. The Hawks drafted 4 SF's (Childress more of a 2 guard).

I wanted J.Smith all along. I believe his work ethic, attitude, and commitment will make him into a bonified all-star down the road; however, if J.Smith doesn't pan out, I think BK drafted Donta Smith as the back up plan. I think BK went with best talent available in the draft.

Childress a SG

J-Smith a SF

Donta Smith SF

I wanted J.Smith all along. I believe his work ethic, attitude, and commitment will make him into a bonified all-star down the road; however,"

It appears those are the things Smith doesn't have. Attitude,

and commitment. It's probably true since he can't do any

thing but dunk.

Next year perhaps things will be better=)

Hotlanta,

Attitude and commitment...that's J.Smith's big question marks.

However, watching ESPN, I saw fire in J.Smiths eyes. He wanted to prove his critics wrong. I knew he was angry when one of the announcers (sorry didn't remember his name) said he would be the biggest "bust" in the draft.

As an athlete, someone who criticizes you on national television would want to prove people wrong. I bet this kid is going to be a gym rat.

I really believe in this kid. He's going to be something special in the NBA.

It seems like many people thought Childress was the

worst of the picks. When I look at his video I come

away thinking that this guy is a smart player, good

fundamentals, and has the ability to get to where ever

he wants on the floor. Perhaps even with that said,

he still might not be worth the 6th...

Maybe those people just don't like the Stanford program. I don't see how Childress is worser than Deng. Deng has the mobiltiy of Dekembe Mutombo. Yeah it might be somewhat of an exaggeration but I don't think Deng is fluid enough in his movements for my liking. Why did Billy Knight draft Vicktor only to trade him?? He could have drafted the Big Korean guy and let him stayed overseas another year or two. The SPurs aren't sending that much cash our way. I think the Hawks tried to move up with the 3second rounders but no one bit.

We trade a guy that we could have left in Georgia for 2-3 years to develope while not having to pay him anything but still holding his rights..........for what, a 50 something future pick? San Antonio will never have a high 2nd round pick, so we basically gave this guy away. Are we really hurting that much that we have to throw away players for cash considerations? You would think that with 10 owners or however many we have that cash wouldnt be a concern to them.

I hope this doesnt come back to bite us in the ass someday, but I have a feeling that it will. Worst case we should have gotten a future 1st from them for this pick.

I am concerned about BK's dealing skills. All draft long it was like he was standing in cement, and when he finally makes a deal he's trading away talent for a worthless second rounder.

I've been trying to reserve judgement until I see the complete package, but this is really bothering me.

• Moderators

Quote:

Worst case we should have gotten a future 1st from them for this pick.

Some people are so unreasonable in their expectations that it is difficult to respond. The WORST CASE scenario for the Hawks last of 3 second round picks in a shallow draft (after all the withdrawals) should have been a trade for first rounder???

If my GM traded a first to the Hawks for that pick I would fire them on the spot.

I don't really like acquiring a SA 2nd rounder for this pick but I think it is a pretty clear signal that Knight didn't like anyone left in the draft at that point and just wanted to get something of potential future value for the franchise.

Quote:

Well, the Hawks get more money and another 2nd rounder.

More money? Like we need that!! When talking about more money, we most likely aren't talking about millions here, and not to mention our owners being millionaire.

Our ownership also gets paid 10 million a year by Philips, and that ranks first.

I was just getting excited about Viktor.

Yes the Hawks received more money. I know it's not milllions were talking about, but I do not think BK wanted 5 rookies when we already have 4 vets under contract.

Yes Vik has upside. Apparently BK wasn't going in that direction. I think BK is going to use SA's cash on acquiring an average big men in FA. IMO, any kind of cash helps.

If possible, he'll lure a marquee player this year (K-mart).

What potential future value will we get with a late 50 something 2nd round draft choice? I would love to see that. Show me the last late 50 something draft pick that actually did something in this league.

Call me unrealistic if you like, but it happens all the time that teams trade 2nd round players for future firsts. Who cares if BK liked this kid or not. Worst case we leave him overseas and he never turns into anything. Best case he becomes the next Peja and we look brilliant. Doing anything else is very short sighted.