• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do u think about Tractor?

swolehawk2

as long as you got someone who can start full-time ahead of him, he'd be fine to have as a bu. But you can never, ever really start him. and you have to know that going in...he's a piece, and one that will be available again in the future (unlike "pieces" like KMart, who's skills won't be). We're not ready for a replaceable piece, unless it's at the true "right price."

I have said for several years,

"Hawks need a Tractor Trailer" type player. Not a starter.

Just someone you can bring in occasionally and clog up

the middle, get and give fouls and stop a run of "Watch

me dunk the ball" which we seem to have almost every game.

This should not be a high priced player. Consider him

as the 12th man on the roster.

The real Tractor probably has a few games left in him.

If he comes cheap enough, that's great. Just don't

spend a lot on him.

you can't have every player fitting that mold. I'm not sure that Collier really does...I wouldn't exactly call him athletic, though he can play multiple positions (sort of).

Grey's right on this one...he'd be a really nice pickup at the right price...however, I have a feeling many contenders realize this (see Houston) and might one up us.

one person no one's mentioned...Mo Taylor. You don't honestly think that he can play with Howard around do you? He's still got game (though no D), and might not be a bad pickup...via trade of course.

Quote:

790 is saying that we are interested in Tractor Traylor, of course it is a rumor.

He is just someone to clog the middle. If we can get him as a backup for the minimum, I am ok with it. But no real money for him at all could be justified. It takes him a good minute to get back down the court=half court sets only with this guy.