• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did we trade up for the Wrong Person?

ATLien_

In reply to:

In fact, Right now a good deal would be:

SAR/Toni for Matrix/Stoudamire/Penny

A good deal? For the Hawks it is but it's terrible for the Suns.

Rahim for Matrix straight up is a push although I'd rather just keep Marion. He brings more to the table than SAR.

Penny and Toni are both injury-prone, overpaid and generally worthless.

So the Hawks would essentially walk away with Amare for free. No thanks. Amare Stoudemire is the PF we've been waiting for. Not Reef, a small forward pretending to be a PF in a weak conference.

Propose that trade to the Suns management and I bet they laugh or just hang up the phone.

A it was a JOke BHD. I am just kidding around. I don't know what Hawksfreak does while he is looking at the computer. Someone asked me why I took ATLien's Angels down, and I made a funny little come back. Nothing more nothing less.

So the Hawks would essentially walk away with Amare for free. No

thanks. Amare Stoudemire is the PF we've been waiting for. Not Reef,

a small forward pretending to be a PF in a weak conference"

That is such [censored].He is one of the better postup PF's in the NBA.

I've said alot of guys are better than Shareef,but Marion IS NOT.Marion

is a 3rd option type scorer that brings good defense to the table.

A 36 win team shouldn't be talking about weak.I don't care what

conference you play in.That is still isn't that good.The weak

conference crap is something for equal crappy teams with us to

use a crutch for excuses.

I agree the deal is bad,but Shareef is better than Marion.I promise

you Marion doesn't recieve the attention Shareef does from other

defenders no matter if he is in the east or not.

Btw,we were basically 50-50 againest the west with a couple of

really close losses too Sac Town by one point and Seattle by two.

In reply to:

I agree the deal is bad,but Shareef is better than Marion.

Why? Because he scores 2 more points per game than Marion? Give me a break. Marion is a slightly better rebounder. A much better oustide shooter. A better defender at his position. Better at steals. Better shotblocker. Reef turns the ball over TWICE as much as Marion. Marion is 2 years younger than Reef.

Even having said all that, I did say I considered Marion for Reef very close to an even trade. I'd rather keep Marion though. I don't think Reef can play PF in the West. He played in the West for 5 years and was a SF. Goes to the East and boom, he's a PF. You do the math.

I'd much rather wait for Amare to develop and keep Marion at SF. Amare is the type of PF you need to play in the West. A banger that's mean and nasty down low. You guys can bag Amare all you want but virtually all the scouts are excited about him. ESPN Insider is all over his jock. Jerry West said he has superstar potential. No way you are getting him for free. Horrible trade.

Why? Because he scores 2 more points per game than Marion?

Give me a break. Marion is a slightly better rebounder. A much

better oustide shooter. A better defender at his position. Better

at steals. Better shotblocker."

No their blocking is equel and he averages .3 more steals!WOW!

Teams look to shutdown Marbury on the Suns and teams look

to shutdown Shareef on our team.I would bet you 100% smackers

Marion doesn't get double teamed in the manner Shareef does.

"I don't think Reef can play PF in the West. He played in the West

for 5 years and was a SF. Goes to the East and boom, he's a PF.

You do the math."

OR maybe Vancouver was just to dumb to play him at PF?Shareef

held his own againest every PF in the west with the exception of

Chris Webber.He averaged 19/11 againest Tim Duncan and like 25PPG

7RPG 4APG againest Malone.

"A much better oustide shooter"

That's untrue.He shot 39% in three's but he only hit 48 so I'm not

so sure that is true at this point.What about Ft's and assist?

Alot of Shareef's TO's are due to the attention he gets in the post.

I'm going to check on Shareef's numbers vs. the West and see how

he came out.

But like you said it is horrible deal getting a basically lotto pick for

nothing.Penny is better than Toni is at this point.

As far as what ESPN Insider thinks....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!They also

called Nazr Mohammad a good shot blocker.

Once again the Hawks blow it in the draft. The never-ending search for the next great white hope doomed them to dealing for Dickau when there where obviously better players available that served immediate needs.

Qyntel Woods is one, but Tayshaun Prince is another. He's lighting it up for Detroit. Sadly, he was in for a Hawks workout and not even given consideration despite playing big time college ball right in the Hawks backyard.

Many seemed to be stuck on on his skinny frame, but that frame allowed him to be a McDonalds All-American, NCAA All-American and All-SEC while winning an NCAA championship.

Why do we continue to ignore the obvious and hope that players come around eventually? By the time they do come around their contracts are up and they sign elsewhere or get traded for little of nothing.

The Never-ending story continues...

racist comments elsewhere cause we arent buying. Maybe the Hawks blew it in the draft and maybe they didnt, but they didnt use the draft to find the new great white hope thats for damn sure. They got the best PG available at a time when we desperately needed a BU PG that could run the team like JT when JT is on the bench. If you cant see that then thats your own damn problem, but dont accuse the team of passing up someone just to draft someone who is white.

Oh and by the way, I do believe that both Prince and Woods were gone when we were finally able to trade up to #29 right? You probably didnt even watch the draft so you arent educated on where those guys went though, but you just wanted to chime in on anything negative you could think of as usual.

Africa is right we blew it by not getting T.Prince or Woods we could have gotten Detroit's pick or just trade up a few more slots. It wouldn't have been hard. DD would have been my choice for the #35 pick hands down but nothing more. Africa good post I think DD does get a little extra hype because of his race but overall I think he deserved a little hype because of his play in college. I really hope DD proves me wrong and turns into the all star that the rest of you see.

PS Lets not let this turn into a conversation about race. I am not downgrading DD b/c of his race I am downgrading him b/c of his play. T.Prince and Woods were the steals of the draft this year. The way Tinsley was last year.

The Hawks DID have Dickau targeted but they were NOT able to trade up high enough to get Woods or Prince even if they had wanted them. Babs thought Dickau was going to be gone no later than the early 20's but was unable to secure a deal to get him. I'm sure he was delighted to get Dickau with the last pick in the first round.

For the record, I REALLY liked Woods before the draft and I was lukewarm on Prince. DD fell somewhere in between the two to me. I like him better than Prince but not as much as Woods. I thought Woods should have went to WAS at #11 instead of Jefferies.