• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did we trade up for the Wrong Person?

ATLien_

I ask this question because Qyntel Woods seems to be lighting it up in the summer leagues. As I watched the draft and I seen Woods drop by 20 I was almost sure we would trade up to get him, but much to my dismay we would have taken DD at that spot even if we had received it.

This kid has tons of talent. And the good thing about him is his offensive talent is already good. Which is what we needed a third scorer. The blazers very well could have gotten the steal of the draft two years in a row IMO. Zack Randolf and Qyntel Woods.

I have to say this though...

I still think that DD represents the.... What if?

In fact, that's a good name for him.

What if?

He's here because of What if?

What if JT got hurt?

What if JT didn't want to resign unless he got the max?

What if Seattle offered Lewis for JT?

What if Washington wanted to give Heywood and Hamilton for JT/CC?

Damn, that would be an awesome team huh?

DD

Rip/DG

DJ/Toni/Ira

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

The point is that I believe that having DD makes JT more tradable for the right deal... AND is good insurance in case of several other what ifs.

Woods may look impressive... However, I was watching Phoenix SL team the other day... And even though I don't rate SL games as more than Pickup games... I was impressed by Stoudamire. I'm telling you, we ought to think about sending a package for him... Really.

In fact, Right now a good deal would be:

SAR/Toni for Matrix/Stoudamire/Penny

Toni and Penny to make the salaries somewhat close...

Reason being is that Stoudamire will be a true beast.

It makes no sense man. We are trading prven players that avg 19-22 ppg, both of them for 2 players that are rookies. I wouldnt make that trade ever. First off Reef/kukoc for Matrix/ stoudamire/penny. Matrix is an awesome player, stoudamire might be one day a good player, but he is still way away from that and Penny is tooooo injury prone. Reef is a proven 20-10 guy, never hurt and is a legitimate post up player and Kukoc is a veteran off the bench that provides leadership, mostly like Penny. As far as the JT trade, I wouldnt trade JT for rip and Heywood, no way. Just because we want to start Dickau, DD is not proven yet, maybe he will one day, but I like I have said before, he will never be close to what JT is right now.

"SAR/Toni for Matrix/Stoudamire/Penny"

- whats the point of doing that? Whats the difference? We shoulda just drafted PAU GASOL then.

Heres a weird thought but what u guys think?

SAR for KOBE BRYANT!

SAR + ONEAL = CHAMPIONS FOR A LONG TIME!!!!

Yea I know but I can't have those women up there all the time. LOL I have to think of Hawksfreak, I don't want him looking at my post a little to often wink.gif. LOL

I wanted to get some pics of the hawks cheerleaders/dance team but their site uses this stupid slide show type program. And I don't know how to get the pictures out of it.

Woods will probably tear up the leagues some day but o well. The funny thing about Woods is that I could tell on draft night he wasn't used to the media spotlight. When they had him on stage talking to him he seemed so nervous and unpolished in interviewing. I thought at the time hmm I wonder if he is any good. I guess unlike most rookies his basketball game is more polished then his talking. LOL

Just like O'Neal, I don't think Randolph and Woods will ever be given the chance to develop in Portland. They won't be traded, because Portland likes their potential. But, they'll never get the chance to show it and will quietly slip away in Free Agency before blowing up for another team.

ATLien, you gotta think about where Woods comes from. Northeast Mississippi CC (I think that's right...). Guys like Williams, Dunleavy, Gooden, and Butler are already in the spotlight during college. They do interviews all the time. Even Stoudamire did interviews. Woods probably didn't do a TV interview until the week of the draft.

• Premium Member

Well, as I look at it, that trade is better than I first suspected.

For all the things that you mentioned about the trade, I believe that the trade helps both teams immensely.

First off,

We get Matrix. Proven rebounder. Can score. Can't shoot but that's alright.

We get Stoudamire. Sometimes you have to take a chance. This guy is young but he has ALL the tools and he is driven. He's Karl Malone with Youth on his side.

And Penny. What better role model for DJ than Penny. When I say role model, I mean offensive. DJ could learn about passing and dribbling from one of the better players to ever play... Him and Toni are the same type guy.

Would I start Stoudamire right away? NO.

I would actually start with:

JT/DJ/Matrix/Theo/Nazr.

I would start Stoudamire off with 15-20 minutes per game.

My eyes set to the future though...

JT/DJ/Matrix/Stoudmire/Theo...

By next yr, that could be the best lineup in the East.

The other thing is what about Phoenix.

They get:

SAR. The PF that they have been waiting on. A guy that can take the pressure off of the backcourt. With Marbury/Johnson/Jacobsen/SAR/Jake... They have a team that's ready for Battle too.

Not to mention Toni off the bench.

I just think this kind of blockbuster trade would have immediate and future benefits for BOTH teams.

Yea I know all about Woods and that is my point. It is kind of refreshing to see a player go that high that hasn't had the media hype. I also thought that was one of his first interviews.

Like I said his Basketball game is more polished then his PR skills. I'm so tired of all these rookies that talk a good game and end up sucking. Give me guy thats timid while speaking on camera, and does all his talking on the court.

This is sick. If you guys let hawksfreak post a picture of a 15 year old I am leaving this site and calling the police.tongue.gif. I would make an R.Kelly joke but I would then be guilty of what I am constantly accusing many of you of.

ATLien I think I will start posting the BHD beauty of the week. Hawksfreak probably spend time fondelling himself anyway. But I am not going to make fun of a little kid. If he stopped exaggerating so much I would start reading his post. Its a shame the Internet wasn't public when I was his age I would have loved to have a site like this around when I was 12.

But back to basketball. If we can just get one high lotto pick and build some players market value next off season we could build a champion.