• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

JT leaving the ATL

JTFan31

Well I of all people am very sad to see JT go. He was a model citizen, great for the community and one heck of a basketball player. I for one will take JT over Walker hands down. But I understand this is a business. I was ok if it came down if we had to trade JT this year, well it happened, but for freaking Toine Walker, this guy is totally unwanted anywhere and I also unwant him in a Hawks uniform. His game is awkward and he puts up shots from anywhere on the court. I would of rather trade JT straight up for Devin Harris. Then of all people we get also Delk on this deal, for Hendu. Hendu was coming back with a vengeance this year and I believe he would of lived up to his word.

You heard he first, JT will blow up in Dallas, and Hendu will have his best year since he use to start here in ATL.

Jt fan I agree with you Jason will blow up in Dallas. I can't think of a better situation for him to go into. If you think Bibby looked good in Sac Town wait till you see my main man JT with some talent around him.

Thanx for all the great years JT. I only wish we would of had a competent front office and coach when you were first drafted. I wish you the best of luck in Dallas.

O yea take it easy on the scrub pg we get to be the Hawks PG.

Quote:

You heard he first, JT will blow up in Dallas, and Hendu will have his best year since he use to start here in ATL.

JT will and should blow up in Dallas. But he will probably be a league leader in turnovers next year with all the running Dallas likes to do.

Three things are sure with JT, he will score, he will pass, and he will turn the ball over. I wish him nothing but the best until he plays us, then I hope Ivey, Delk and Anderson (or whoever we get) shut him down.

As far as Hendu goes I honestly think he is past his prime. If he gets 10pts a game and plays all season I would be shocked.

JT's stint in Dallas will be remarkable imo. I believe that we'll receive more slams for "not being able to win with such a player" on the team. In Dallas...he's got guys he's going to defer to all the time...Finley and Dirk in particular...and those guys can hit the shots. They can finish as well...quite well...thus his shortcomings in making "the right pass" on the break will be diminished, as the others will be more able to cover for him than what we presented here.

It's good that he's gone, though I truly like him as a player, as a person. He could have done well here if we could have surrounded him by the right talent...but that's just it. He has to have that talent around him to thrive, he's not skilled enough to do it on his own.

I'm sad to see him go as well. As are alot of Hawks fans. JT was the only recognizable face we had left. My Mom and sister couldn't believe that they traded JT.

All I can do now is wish JT the best,and go find someone elses Hawks jersey to wear.

Believe it or not,outside of the 'Squwak,JT was very popular with the fans.

~Peace