• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Loren Woods signs for less than 1 million per year

tmac13

Signed with the Raps, 2 years 1.7 to 2 million with incentives..Damn, thought he would be a nice fit for us, long, athletic, young, and cheap. I don't understand BK saying he wants to be long and athletic, then wasting money on a guy like DROB while making no attempt on Woods or Keon Clark. DROB plays no defense and is a horrible rebounder..He is the prototypical euro-stiff.

BK is doing something almost unheard of in the NBA...he is loading up on big men who can actually shoot....Drob...Collier....Toine...CC.....all ot these cats can shoot so if if Al is in the post and draws doubles he can kick to lets say.....Drob... Toine.....Delk.....Childress...all of which can not down a jump shot......we will see how it plays out.

On top of that we have a team full of people with something to prove. No laid back contract happy players. Most of the players are going to need a contract at the end of the year or they are going to want more money. I just don't see anyone laughing and joking on the bench when we are down by 20. I really don't think the coach will be clapping his hands when we are loosing no matter by how much. If not a winning season it will be exciting.

Quote:

41% the year before..That is not a good shooter. So..if you can't shoot, you can't rebound, and you can't play defense, and can't block shots you are a decent center? Like we used to say about Koncak..he's tall and thats all....

Maybe we signed him 'cause of his WEBSITE??? grin.gifgrin.gif

Why is everyone bringing up Fizer? Yes he is a banger and a tough guy but he is a SF, may be able to play PF just because of strength, but by no means could he play C. I think everyone would agree we have enough SF and already Harrington, who is a SF that can bang down low and post up so why get another. Im not knocking Fizer I really like his game, with all of his intensity, but he wouldnt fit in with our current roster.

I think 41% is fine for a jump shooting 5 that is 6'11 270 and plays facing the basket and shoots jump shots....hell I think Michael Redd only shot around 44% last year.

But I agree we do need a banger...but I think BK's theory is if everyone can knock down a jump shot then that spreads the D making it easier to score for Harrington or Toine in the post.

the banger wouldn't be for offenseive reasons...it'd be for Defenseive schemes, against teams like NO (yes, they're now in the west) and guys like Magloire, physical guys on the other team taht dominate simply because they're large and have size.

As much as, in general, I think Tractor Trailor and guys of the like aren't what you want starting...they have their uses. There were many times last year, where, due to momentum and the reasons that it was occuring, that NO would bring him in...and he'd be quite effective at shutting the other team down, simply because he's got a wide ass. seriously.

Greymule harped on this much last season, and he's right, players like that have their uses at times. Simply to clog things up.

yea, ive been sayin this for a while

hes been cleaning the boards and blocking shots quite well in the summer league.

and if we gave him a similar offer, im sure he'd rather come to ATL than TORONTO. plus here he has a chance to really make a name for himself and fight for the starting spot.

not to mention, i imagine ATL life appeals to him more than TORONTO.

BK is doing something almost unheard of in the NBA...he is loading up on big men who can actually shoot....Drob...Collier....Toine...CC....."

What is Walkers shooting percentage again? 25% in three's

even in a offensive system like Dallas has. Drob's pecertages

say otherwise as far as him being a good shooter goes.