• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I AM SICK OF HEARING THAT...

ATownStomp

We are not going to the playoffs this year!!! I understand we are in a re-building stage, but we have assembled a team that I feel can have a 500. record, and you guys know, that if your 500. in the east your going to make the playoffs and get a pretty good seed too. I would love to to get a couple of really good reasons, why we won't be able to make the playoffs in the EAST.

Nobody is going to give us the benefit of the doubt until we start to win. Look, quite a few sports writers were burned in two consecutive seasons by picking us to go to the playoffs--once after the acquisition of SAR and again after the acquisition of Big Dog.

Sure, we have new management. Sure, our roster is completely different. The truth is, however, Atlanta has become the laughing stock of the NBA.

I ran into Rasheed Wallace in the ATL airport after he was traded here. "What's up, 'Sheed?" I said to him. I got a sneer back, but that's what I expected. Anyhoo, a couple of African-Americans came up and said "What's up, 'Sheed?" He was very cordial to them and proceeded to strike up a conversation, so I eaves-dropped. Their questions were, 'So, where are you going next?', 'You going to the Knicks?', 'How long do you think you'll stay here?'

Even Atlanta natives knew that the Hawks were just a rest stop for a real star. They knew that Rasheed had no business in ATL.

Look man, just take all of this criticism as a chance to say 'I told you so!' Of course, most writers will say that they liked the Hawks from the beginning, but you have to expect that.

The Braves did it this year, and it's been the most satisfying year since '95. They were picked to finish 4th by a few reputable sources. 4th! So many writers are having to eat crow now.

Just wait....

• Moderators

There are plenty of NBA teams who have been more pitiful than the Hawks over the last 10 years. Atlanta teams are easy for the national press to pick on because they know they face no backlash. There are great fans in Atlanta but the city is also filled with lots of people who aren't from here and think its fun to bash the home team. I've gotten used to it.

• Admin

Well each year it is a different team with the exception of hte Clippers. We have been consistently bad. I don't expect the writers to give us repect until we prove we deserve it. Remember we have a 3 rd string pg and 3rd string c now starting for us. They are not going to give us props for that. I think we will make the playoffs if the team has chemistry. It will be carried by Walker and Harrington though.

Hell, I'm a Hawks fan and even I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt. They aren't there yet plain and simple. Defensively we are the worst frontcourt in the conference, and outside Harrington our frontcourt is one of the weakest rebounding teams in the conference too

Show me some big games from Big Al and progress from Diaw & the rooks... and I won't be too mad..

I think what I am looking for is for a team that goes out and plays hard night in and night out. A team and an organization that is trying to put a good product out there for it's fans. This Atlanta franchise had just sunk to far under the Lenny and Babcock years. It is going to take time but I am pleased with what I have seen so far. Atleast coming into the season we basically have a new team with a lot of pieces. It is going to be interesting to see how they come together.

Quote:

I ran into Rasheed Wallace in the ATL airport after he was traded here. "What's up, 'Sheed?" I said to him. I got a sneer back, but that's what I expected. Anyhoo, a couple of African-Americans came up and said "What's up, 'Sheed?" He was very cordial to them and proceeded to strike up a conversation

Interesting.....I guess he didn't like it that you said 'What's up?' since you weren't African-american apparently.