• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gotta Like What We Are Seeing From Chill & Ivey

Traceman

All I REALLY want from this season is to see us play hard and to see the young guys get better. Tonight, Chill and Ivey are making me smile with their solid play. Big Al's shot is still not falling but he is having his moments as well, particularly down the stretch.

I'm really happy with the play of Toine and P Diddy tonight (how about that crossover/spin/dropstep/finish with the left move he put on Yao -WOW!). Win or lose, I've seen some encouraging things tonight.

No doubt that Drobs/Walker/Big Al/Chill/Ivey has been the most effective unit we've put on the floor all year. Roll with it baby!

Chill showed me tonight that he was the right choice over Deng. Not that I ever wanted a gay Duke player anyway. He did things that I'm sure Deng will never be able to do. When he gets comfortable he is going to be a force.

"Poison" Ivey was giving the rockets heacaches all night. I love this kid great pick Knight.

The defense is really starting to get some chemistry. That equals bad news for opponents. We looked like a middle school team playing defense the first 4 games, but tonight I saw hands knocking balls all night. I saw hustle and I liked it.

scout with his Ivey pick. Ivey was sensational down the stretch tonight with his aggressive and fearless play. This guy should have a long NBA career ahead of him. I wonder when the national buzz will start about Ivey as a 2nd round steal. Ivey, JChill, and DRobs deserve big ups for their 2nd half play that turned the tide. AW made up for his earlier poor play with that great strip of Ward late in the fourth. AW showed some heart with that play. Ivey really abused Ward all night. TMac is playing like he is still hurting. He had no lift on his shot and really seemed to be dragging. We should not get too high over this win because reality will call again in Indy tomorrow.

• Premium Member

It was only one game, but man they looked GOOD out there. And Drobs...WTF man!?!? He looked so horrible in preseason. *lol* Start him already...

Man, between Smith, Ivey, Drobs, and Walker...we could field the league's All What-The-F#CK? team.

• Premium Member

Kinda like Wade, but not on that HOLY BEJEZUS level. Not so much like Cassell, because Sam is mostly fearless with the jumpshot. He's a penetrator...and DAMN I LIKE THAT. But also, I think you might be a little surprised him him Trace.

You say you don't think he's a pure playmaker, but that comes from experience running the show. EVEN STILL, Ivey is zipping passes all over the place. Man did nobody see that dime that he dropped on Walker on the break?

He's a playmaker and I'm not holding my breath here, but he might just be a scorer too. I'm loving his jump shot and his moves to the basket. Kid gets in there and anytime you can break down the defense, you're going to create opportunties for guys. Thing is, he can pass it too or shoot it...

A star...? I dunno...

Could be... Could be...

But at the very least, kid looks ROCK SOLID. Even Kenny Anderson knows it...time to give the kid more minutes and see when/if he'll be ready to start.

Quote:

It was only one game, but man they looked GOOD out there. And Drobs...WTF man!?!? He looked so horrible in preseason. *lol* Start him already...

Man, between Smith, Ivey, Drobs, and Walker...we could field the league's
All What-The-F#CK?
team.

Hey....Remember when we had that so-called Allstar-type team here with JT, Reef, Big Dog, and Theo? Well that team was supposed to click but it never did.

Now this collection of unknown commodities(save Toine) *is* clicking....

As Spock would say : "Fascinating...." grin.gif

I agree there he reminds me more of wade than anyone else, except he doesn't have the explosive ahleticism. Ivey plays great defense, he is very tough, relentless, fearless, very good mid range jumper, good penetrator. He went to the line with no fear and made 3 of 4 free throws late in the game, thats awesome for a rookie with the game on the line......impressive. Right now I like Peja, Chill and Ivey off the bench. Peja played great D on Yao, but Yao is just too big to block that turnaround jumper that he has. Those 3 guys bring energy off the bench and scoring and by mid - december they should be starting, that was definitely the best lineup on the floor this season.

I recall when Texas played my favorite college team UNC last year in the final Four or maybe it was the elite eight, I hated Ivey, because what he did tonight, he did the same thing to Felton and the Heels......BUT now I absolutely love him, strange isn't it.

Yup, Ivey is just solid, not spectacular except maybe defensively. So far this seems to have been one of the strongest drafts ever and Ivey still might be the steal of the draft. For some reason Ivey reminds me of old school Maurice Cheeks, he's definitely smaller but quicker than Eric Snow. Lue was getting sick of him, would have probably been called for charging if Ivey wasnt a rookie.

We can see the big strategy coming in to focus. Draft players with serious reach and then teach them to play tenacious defense. What we saw tonight was a combination of 3 people brought in putting together one philosophy. Those 3 were Chill - RoyAl and the CoachWoody. Let's not leave him out. Their D was suffocating in quarter 4.

And let's not forget about the stud on this team. The horse who does the heavy lifting. Yeah, the Toine man.

He's an all-star who plays like a very hungry kid. I'm comparing Toine to Gary Sheffield, an amazing talent with a rep as being something of a head case, who then grew up and matured.

My big stats of the game were Chill not missing a shot, and Toine not picking up a single foul.

Methinks coach has laid it out - if you want minutes, you have to play Defense.

I love how Chill was under the basket at both ends of the floor. What a change from years of 2 guards in this town haning out somewhere between halfcourt and the refreshement stand.

This team is underrated right now. Sure they're going to struggle, but they're going to be fun to watch at a minimum, and give some good teams headaches to boot.