• Raised $390 of $700 target

The trade should be with Harrington.

Diesel

• Premium Member

And only Harrington for a C.

Harrington for Magloire.

Harrington for Dalembert/1st.

Harrington for Kwame.

The point is that Harrington is somewhat expendable because we have Smoove. They play the exact same game. There is absolutely no difference in their game.

I say we put out an offer to Walker but if Walker doesn't take a deal that averages 10 over the next 5 to 6 yrs, we let him go and sign Swift.. Swift fits what we are trying to do.

If we can get Magloire...

Magloire/Walker/Smoove/Chill/Paul could be the team of the future.

or

Magloire/Swift/Smoove/Chill/Paul.

either way, we move towards more defense. Youth. and people that can run the floor.

A person would think you would give up on this already.

AL HARRINGTON WILL NOT BE TRADED!!!

Yet, we are forced to sit here and read through your daily, let's trade Al Harrington ideas, when Billy Knight is simply not going to do it. Harrington is a big part of the future of this team.

I could live with that trade because we get a center in return. Does NewOrleans need a SmallForward?? That deal right there could make the difference in whom get the #1pick in the 2005draft. I think the Hornets are better with Magloire because you can always fill in a decent roleplayer(Someone like a Ira Newble) at Small Forward but if you have a above average center you need to hold on to him. I am pretty sure Billy Knight would do it but not sure about the Hornets Management. A more reasonable trade would be Harrington for Dalembert and a 1st because like you said we already have Josh Smith and Donta Smith for that matter who can play the 3position. It would be harder for us to find a quality Powerforward this summer if we traded away Antoine Walker. I will say that I have talk to 3 friends whom watch the NBA and they say that they don't like Antoine Walker's game. My point is that Management will piss off alot of folks if the trade Harrington instead of Walker.

I'm not a huge Harrington fan, i wouldnt mind if he was traded, i think he is playing Josh Smith's spot and he doesnt rebound enough to be good power forward, but id definitely trade walker as well, i would at least like to see the hawks get a draft pick out of this instead of just lose him in free agency for nothing, also id definitely sign swift to replace walker at power forward, and then j-smoove can replace harrington at small forward

i wouldnt draft Chris Paul, i think he is very overrated and he is so small and he isnt that strong, i dont think he will be all that great in the NBA

I completely agree and I think BK does too. We take the best talent available, whether it's drafting or trades until we have a championship contender. KB thinks Smoove is a guard and Harrington is untradeable. Sounds like formaldehyde poisoning from anatomy class..lol. I dont think we keep Walker past the trade deadline but if we do I see an offer being possible. Walker and Smoove might be OK together if we have a good center, Harrington and Smoove would not rebound enough.

I like Kwame the best due to his offensive upside and I think we lose Walker and pick up another PF/center such as Swift or Nene or Chandler. Or we could draft one early such as Splitter, or Bogut or Aldridge with a lower pick. That's where I like a Diaw for a lower first rounder move. Donta seems to possibly be able to replace him anyways.

I think moving Harrington is the most reliable way for us to get what we need and is inevitable.

i don't think walker is the right choice for our future...he's a good player, just not for the hawks future...

i'd like to trade walker for a center, but if we have to give up harrington also to get a center, then i would do that and then sign swift in the offseason....

i like pg/chill/smoove/swift/magloire(dalembert) about as much as pg/chill/harrington/smoove/magloire(dalembert) cause i like swift as much as harrington

however, i'd rather trade walker for center and then sign swift and have both swift and harrington...but if the ONLY way to guarantee a shotblocking/rebounding center is to get harrington, then we'll have to take it...

Quote:

It would be harder for us to find a quality Powerforward this summer if we traded away Antoine Walker. I will say that I have talk to 3 friends whom watch the NBA and they say that they don't like Antoine Walker's game. My point is that Management will piss off alot of folks if the trade Harrington instead of Walker.

But if it would be HARDER for us to find a PF this summer should we trade away Walker, then why does it sound then like you are contradicting yourself? Unless of course you have poor grammar skills....which I doubt.

So your 3 friends don't like Walker's game....What about you? And the point about Management is that they don't give a sh!t about what the fans want; they give a sh!t about what the Franchise NEEDS and if Antoine becoming a Permanent Hawk is in the cards, so be it. If not, then he's gone.

It's plainly simple.

• Premium Member

My point is that right now, we have the collatoral to get a Big man to play C. Out of all the positions, the C and the PG are the hardest to find. As stated, we have Smoove, Diaw, and Smith all capable of playing the three. Smoove is not a 2 because to be a 2, you have to be able to shoot...

I'm not against trading Walker either.. Especially if we look like we won't be able to resign him. There's always Swift.

The point is that more than anything, we need a rebounding big man who can play defense. I don't think much of what Woodson wants to do can get done with Collier/Drobs as our Cs...

Also, the draft is not going to yield quality big men. From what I see, the big men in the draft are about the same is what we have. Furthermore, the only Big men in FAcy who are not restricted are Big Z and Jerome James. It all makes me wish we would have held on to Nazr... But we have to honestly look at what's going on and not be closed minded to the possibilities (KB)...

What's going on is that Smoove is progressing well and he is a Sf (Period) the only reason he's play SG is because we have Harrington... However, at SG, he's taking up valuble time from Chill.

• Premium Member

How many times have either stepped out passed 15 feet and hit a shot that wasn't luck. How many times have either been able to make a pass in transition. Actually, can Harrington pass? Yes, Harrington has a Post up game, but given enough time, Smoove will have one too. That's the only difference.

Find me where I have even posted one Antoine Walker trade! The only time I have ever mentioned Walker in a trade was in talking about Samuel Dalembert. I don't come on this board with contrived trade notions about anyone on the team. I actually have a life outside of making up trades that will never happen.

No I am not a Antoine Walker fan but at the same time I know it will be hard for us to fined another PF who can give us 20ppg. No I wasn't contradicting myself, I prefer Harrington over Walker but Harrington has never played Powerforward so I don't think it would be cool to get rid of Walker unlessen we know we can get a PF who can defend and put some points on the board.

Quote:

"There is absolutely no difference in their game."

If nothing else, Harrington's game is about 6 years ahead of Smith's. But, I hope Smith's best move in 6 years isn't a fade away jumper.

Actually, despite the me feeling that Josh Smith is getting

alittle too much hype too song he is already a better rebounder and shot blocker than Harrington. Harrington

averages a laughable .28BPG or something like that.