• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walker SNUBBED... Walker vs. Jaimison..

Diesel

• Admin

Jamison earned that spot. Washington is now a contender and it is because Jamison was that missing piece to play with Arenas and Hughes. His stats would be even higher if he was playing for Atlanta because he would be more of the focus on offence.

yeah, the kings have 4 potential all-stars (bibby/peja/cwebb/bmiller) and none made it...that's cause of suns/sonics doing so well...those 2 teams got 5 players invited...

usually bmiller would be backup for yao since shaq is out of the west...but they let F Amare Stoudemire be the backup c since he's doing it effectively in Phoenix...

otherwise Amare woulda been competing against brand/garnett/duncan/randolph/lewis/dirk/etc...

cwebb lost out to rashard lewis due to the sonics' play..

bibby didn't get in as pg, which isn't surprising, but the west only have one pg, nash...the other guards are 2guards: kobe, allen, mcgrady...if kobe is still injured, they may let in bibby since francis isn't out west anymore

Jamison is more valuable right now because Washington is winning and Atlanta is not.

Walker hasn't turned this franchise into a winning franchise, Jamison has.

Walker doesn't hit his freethrows pretty much the entire game and definately not during crunch time....Jamison does hit his freethrows.

Jamison deserves to go to the All-Star game more than Walker.

If Walker had Jamison's supporting cast, I think he would be a winner as well but that is not the case so being that their stats are similar, it is a no brainer to reward Jamison with the All Star birth.

Actually, I think that Stevie Franchise was the one who got screwed in the EC. He's averaging 22/7/7 on a winning team and he doesn't get in? Ilgauskas should be at the house.

In the WC, C Webb and Brad Miller got screwed respectively. Lewis and Ginobili deserved consideration but when C Webb is top 10 in efficiency rating and Miller is top 15 while neither Lewis nor Ginobili are in the top 30 (Lewis isn't even top 40), I think that is a gross injustice.

For anyone who thinks you should be an allstar based on your team obviously must be haters of McGrady. Not only was his team the worst in the league, but he started. I know there is no way I can compare Mcgrady to Walker, but based on that Walker should have been in there. Especially since Big Z got in. I don't know what type of excitement he will bring. At least Walker can throw a nice alley-oop.

I disagree. Miami deserves 2 all stars because they are winning the East. The Wizards are not even close and Arenas is the reason that team is winning. He is the guy who puts the game winners in the basket. jamsion is just getting all the credit.

Quote:

Jamison is more valuable right now because Washington is winning and Atlanta is not.

Walker doesn't hit his freethrows pretty much the entire game and definately not during crunch time....Jamison does hit his freethrows.

Quote:

I disagree. Miami deserves 2 all stars because they are winning the East. The Wizards are not even close and Arenas is the reason that team is winning. He is the guy who puts the game winners in the basket. jamsion is just getting all the credit.

Quote:

I am perplexed as to why Jamison is getting all the accolades?? Maybe the Coaches wanted to Pick Walker but mistook ANTAWN for ANTOINE.... grin.gif

• Premium Member

I agree he was wrong, but let's look at what he's saying and DARE ask the question...

If Tmac wasn't voted in... Let's say last year, they allowed Bron to play in the allstar game...

Would Tmac have gotten called up as a reserve...

Before you look at team record and say no..

Remember that last year going into the break, he was the Scoring leader and he had numbers that rivaled Kobe's...

Would the league have snubbed Tmac?

I thought we were debating why Walker didn't get the nod over Jamison. Where did Miami come in this debate??

This is between Jamison and Walker.

By the way Arenas is part of the reason the Wizards are winning. Remember they had Arenas last year without Jamison and the Wizards sucked.

Jamison has helped that team out a lot this year. He was the difference between this years winning and last years losing.

That team was terrible last without Jamison. Win/Lose stats don't lie.

I'm not disagreeing with you...but part of what makes an all-star (at least the less-stalwart ones) is how they perform during a given year on a given team...and that is why Jamison is in.

Would we have as many wins with Jamison and not Walker...no. and i agree about the vice versa (that they'd probably have more). But Jamison has played well in his situation, the team has succeeded...and the coaches respect that (winning teams). they have to worry about him more than they do about Walker, becuase of how good the team is (and the fact that they can't double Jamison as easily)...

that's the difference...this year...