• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chill starting to light it up again...

Nicholasp27

Nice. Playing like a number 6 pick right now.

As I have said in the past, I still like Igoudala better and would have preferred him to have been the pick, but I don't think there is a huge difference in talent between Childress, Deng and Igoudala.

My suspicion is that none of them become superstars but all become solid role players. People bitch and moan about making Childress the 6th pick, but end of the day regardless of which of the three we picked the results will likely be the same.

I'm feeling better about the future already just seeing Chill have two good games in a row. I think he'll be better than Deng or Iguodala but as you mentioned, always just a solid player, not a superstar. Consistent outside shooting and a little more muscle is all Chill needs.

• Premium Member

It's mostly due to the fact that there is only one big dog chucking shots instead of two. It should come as no surprise that Chill has elevated his game while Al sits. He's not standing around watching Walker and Harrington (and Peja, and Delk, and Lue...) dominate the offense.

I've been screaming it since the beginning of the year (you too Nich), but it seems like now people are finally starting to understand. Chill needs more than just an obligatory 15+ mpg or so for a lottery pick. He needs to have an increased role with the team.

This is why lottery teams play their young guys.

Quote:

It's mostly due to the fact that there is only one big dog chucking shots instead of two. It should come as no surprise that Chill has elevated his game while Al sits. He's not standing around watching Walker and Harrington (and Peja, and Delk, and Lue...) dominate the offense.

I've been screaming it since the beginning of the year (you too Nich), but it seems like now people are finally starting to understand. Chill needs more than just an obligatory 15+ mpg or so for a lottery pick. He needs to have an increased role with the team.

This is why lottery teams play their young guys.

J Smoove does start, but Childress is really turning it on. I would be ok with Harrington stting as long as possible.

Although...I am in shock that J-Chill's ugly shot ever goes in. confused.gif

Anyone else notice that Diaw is starting to take some shots? Anyone else also notice that we outscored Orlando 3/4 quarters of that game and we have frickin EZIZIE at center!!! I am also starting to see us play a little better as a team without Harrington. To me, this just raises a red flag when we start competing when he is gone.

Next year...

Diaw

Childress

Smith

Walker

Bogut

I like that starting 5 if Antione can learn to hit a free throw.

Quote:

Anyone else notice that Diaw is starting to take some shots? Anyone else also notice that we outscored Orlando 3/4 quarters of that game and we have frickin EZIZIE at center!!! I am also starting to see us play a little better as a team without Harrington. To me, this just raises a red flag when we start competing when he is gone.

Next year...

Diaw

Childress

Smith

Walker

Bogut

I like that starting 5 if Antione can learn to hit a free throw.

Glad someone else finally sees through the Harrington hype. Good to see Boris asserting himself out there. If he gets a half-way consistent jumper, he could be quite a nice player.

Quote:

We don't know who our team does better with, Walker or Harrington, because Walker hasn't been out yet!

I am anxious to see how they do when Smoove is back without Harrington. If he responds as well as Chill, then I think the answer would be clear.

Sorry for the 'Harrington Hype' comment. That was carryover from the Falcons MB. There was an argument brewing because I said that we'd be better off trading Al.

Antoine's shooting woes are painful to watch, but the truth is that he leads this team, keeps his head up, and plays at 100% every night. Harrington pouts from time to time when they don't give him calls. One game I swore I was watching Shareef out there. All 20-footers, whining, and no hustle.

Quote:

We don't know who our team does better with, Walker or Harrington, because Walker hasn't been out yet!

Did you see the Lakers game? Walker sat on the bench for an extended period of time and the rooks had a field day.

Of course it didn't last but it would be a nice balance to have Walker take a breather and enjoy watching the Hawks lead increase. smile.gif

on the bench as well. It has nothing to do with hype or talent. It has to do with our style of play. If you cant see that Harrington has moves and can pass and rebound i don't know why. Even nique said that harrington was one of the best post players hed seen. The real problem is that Walker and Harrinton are just not fitting parts with one another because they both stop the ball in the half court game. If we had a consistent 3 point threat that could hit a 3 our of the double team wed be alot better. All im trying to point out is alot of our problem is not one specific player, its the style of ball they are playing.