• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What we need now....

Diesel

• Premium Member

What we need now is for SAR's attitude to rub off on GRob. If they really work together they can be the BEST Forward tandem ever. If they don't, they will have trouble matching Walker/Pierce.

However, what I expect now is that GRob will make SAR better. No way a team can afford to leave GRob open so SAR will encounter less double teams.

Also, our rebounding has gotten better too. Grob brings about 6.2 rpg to the table. In Grob and SAR, we might have 2 22 ppg players. SAR might eclipse the 3.5 apg mark.... If he does, then we will win more than 50.

But we need the chemistry between SAR/Big Dog/and JT to be RIGHT! So they will need to work together.

• Admin

SAR will definetely benefit from the lack of double teams now.

I think scoring wise JT will suffer the most which really does not matter as long as we are winning. He will probably net 15 ppg but I would like to see his apg go up and he now has another weapon to pass too.

I think Terry's average stays the same and his assist numbers go up. Before this trade, everyone in the building knew that SAR and JT were the whole 'effin show for the Hawks and opponents would focus their entire defense on them. But with Big Dog on the roster, it opens up the floor for both of them. It gives Shareef room to work on the inside. If they attempt to double, JT and Big Dog will burn them....a lot. In fact, with opposing defenses focusing on the three of them, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dermarr get better looks. I think he'll have a better year than what most people think.

• Premium Member

Actually, JT's scoring will definitely go down. The law of averages says that he will get less opportunities.

It's hard to say if JT's assists will increase much.

What is true is that if SAR is our first option...

His ppg and APG will increase.

I'm really hoping:

1. Grob = 22 ppg, 7 rpg.

2. SAR = 24 ppg, 11 rpg, 4 apg.

3. JT = 16 ppg, 8.5 apg.

4. Theo =12 ppg, 9 rpg, 3.3 bpg

5. DJ = 1.7 bpg, 2 spg, 12 ppg, 5 rpg.

6. Dion = 8 ppg, 5 rpg.

If we get that... We will win about 60.

I agree with you pal, JT assists will rise along with his points as he gets cleaner looks at the basket. Reef will benefit from having another weapon on the floor. I doubt that chemistry will be a problem because Big Dog will still be a Big part of the the Hawks O like he was in Mil.

1. Reef isnt assertive Big Dog is which makes him perfect for team chemistry.

2. Look at your statistical prediction. Looks similar to the big three in Milwalky. Not Milwalky has been predicted to win the East on more than 1 occasion.

D.Miles breakout year

LAC - LAL second round battle goes 6.

DAL - SAC goes 6.

• Premium Member

...reply:

You make a good point that BD and SAR would seemingly compliment each other, insofar as one-on-one match-ups are concerned.

Is it your impression, however, that Milwaukee received any kind of similar benefit with BD on the floor? Did, in fact, BD make Ray Allen better? Is it the case that Milwaukee's greatest failure was in not finding that low-post scorer (similar to SAR) who BD could compliment? Like to hear commentary on these questions, especially from those who have actually gotten to watch the Bucks play recently.

I think BD needs to have protection inside and outside. In Mil all they had was outside. Here SAR and Theo are good low post and garbage men. DJ and JT can light it up outside. BD bings that mid game that SAR doesnt have consisantly. While SAR, BD, and Jt might be our main options DJ and Theo are good offensive players who can make teams pay big for leaving them alone. Mil didnt have anything like that they just had everyone camped out on the 3pt line waiting to shoot.

Are you telling me that the "Big Dog" is going to help so much that the Hawks will win 60 games? How about starting with 45? 60 is definitely out of the question. The Sacramento Kings barely one over 60 games and they had a hell of a team. Webber, Divac, Peja, Bibby, Christie with Jackson, Turkoglu and Pollard coming off of the bench. The Kings were stacked last year and again this year! don't get your hopes up to much. Although, I see your point with "Reef" averaging 24, because the douvle teams won't be there which will free him for open shots and 1 on 1 situations. Terry averaging 8 dimes/per.......highly doubtful. Keep writing, i like your work.