• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Without a doubt we need Petro or Marty

hotboyj

There are 2 things that we need to come out of this draft with, those are big men and points.

#1 scenario Marty A. with our #1 pick. and with our Boston/LA pick, get either Monta Ellis, Rudy Fernandez, or Aaron Miles.

in 2nd we pick up Aaron Miles with our first 2nd, and with the last pick in the draft we pick up Edu Hernandez a 7 footer out of Spain who's best asset is his shot blocking.

#2 scenario Chris Paul with our #1 pick. With our boston/la we get Petro who runs the floor very well, and is as good of a shot blocker as Smoove. with our first 2nd get A. Blathce, and with our last 2nd we either get Chris Thomas or Travis Diener

Bogut just won't fit in this fast-paced game that we are going to play, and I am not sure at all he is a good defender. He also doesn't have the size to Marty has so basically we are getting traditional. Let's face it there is very little traditonal about this Hawks team.

in off season we go for hughes/johnson/cuttino/marko jaric/last but not least t-mac. If there is anyway we could get him here, we would be on of the best teams in the east. sure Chillz or Smoove would be put on the curb for a minute, but can you imagine how great we would be. Up and down the floor, with an advantage at every position.

I personally think Bogut would be a great player for a running team. Would you imagine that Brad Miller would be a good center on a transition basketball team? He's no Carl Lewis.

You don't need a guy who can run like a deer, you just need him to have decent speed, be agile, and be a good passer. The main job of a center in a transition game is to start the break (since he very frequently gets the defensive board).

I don't know anything about Marty A. except what I've read. He's supposed to be a good passer, too. I'm generally timid about guys that tall. Remind me of Shawn Bradley and Rick Smits. We'll see what BK thinks of him.

Our picks should be #1pick Bogut 2nd 1strounder Shelden Williams. To me that would be a strong froncourt. As far as Marty is concered I have read that he still might not come out. He is still very raw and Petro's offensive game is Raw as well. Petro might be a 7ft shotblocker but Williams can blockshots as well and score some and has good size(250lbs) for a powerforward.

He is playing in the Mountain West for god's sake. Sure anyone can beat up a team full of nobodies. Can anyone say Qwentel Woods. I will have to see him in the Tourney against legitimate contenders. Until then let's not overrate anyone. Every other bigman I talked about has upside. I really don't see any real size or athletic advantage. That is what BK is looking for and I don't think Bogut falls under that.

1. Are Marty and Johan playing much better talent now than Bogut?

2. Is there any other big-man as fundamentally sound as Bogut?

3. Does athleticism alone overshadow fundamentals in defense and offense, including low-post moves, good passing, good shooting, and good free-throw shooting AND an NBA ready game? Does it usurp leadership and intensity?

4. How athletic do you have to be to be a great center? Would you rather have a Camby or Ratliff at center or a Yao or Brad Miller (or even Vlade Divac in his younger days)?

I think Bogut is the best big man in this draft. He has a NBA ready game. He is a great passer and shooter, has great moves in the post, and shows a fire and intensity on the court. He also has a huge wingspan, and while he cannot jump out of the gym, at 7' I don't think it's a necessity. Bogut also has some experience against NBA players due to his Olympic experience. He held his own against Duncan.

• Premium Member

Actually, Bogut put up 11/8 against the US. Morever, Bogut team did nothing in the Olympics. So let's not overrate his olympic performance. Just like Ramos had such a wonderful olympics but what has he done since??

• Premium Member

Again, I wouldn't hold my breath... I think that we won't have a true picture until the workouts. The personal workouts reveal a lot. Remember Loren Woods? He lost it in the personal workouts. He was supposed to be a top 5 pick.