• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mutombo traded to Nets

kelston827

in the league. W/ Kidd and Deke, not to mention K-Mart. Unless they have some plans to add some scoring punch though, I think they will have a hard time averaging 92+ ppg.

I think that the Nets will be slightly disappointed in Deke's low post game. Dont get me wrong I love the guy, but he is just not a very good scoring threat, and now w/o Van Horne to help, there may very well be a gaping hole on the offensive side of the court.

Again, I do not think that they are done, do you guys have any thoughts on who they may be targeting? This puts them in the same market for a sf that we were before the Big Dawg trade.

I still think that we are ahead of them as far as talent is concerned. This will make them fierce on D however, but I still like our chances against them!

GO HAWKS!!!

Unless Philly got some big plans I think their management

is starting to screw up.Nets get the better of the deal,but

only short term and Mutombo is aging.I think the fact that

Philly is willing to ship out Mutombo for Van Horn shows DM

age and the fact that he isn't as effective as he used to be.

• Admin

Watch this will be a breakout season for Richard Jefferson. He showed a lot of signs last season of coming into his own and this year he will step it up.

I see him leading their team in scoring with Kidd constantly feeding him on the break.

One fo the reason they made this trade was becuase they wanted to make room for Jefferson. They will still be the team to beat in the East.

This trade shows one of two things...

A. Deke lost alot of value in his 1 and 1/2 years in Philly.

B. Philly's GM is a moron. He overpaid to get Deke, and now gets screwed in this trade.

This trade really came out of no where. The Boston/Seattle trade was rumored, we had been looking at Robinson, and I don't think the SA/Portland trade will have any impact, so no one really cared.

NJ has to be the favorite in the East. They saw that that teams like Boston and ourselves were trying to catch them, so they needed to make a move.

They're a strong defensive team now, but I do have questions about their offense. Kidd isn't a scorer, Deke surely isn't, Jefferson has never started, and K-Mart hasn't shown it for 82 games. Don't tell me they're going to rely on Kittles. I think Jefferson will have a breakout year, damn I wish he was on our team.

One thing about playing NJ though, watch out for dem 'bows. Deke and K-Mart together? Ouch. Watch your nose...

Kidd/Kittles/Jefferson/Martin/Deke. At this moment, they've gotta be one of the favorites in the East.

Philly does nothing with this trade. Van Horn complained because Marbury wouldn't feed him the rock, he'll do the same with Iverson.

Philly let T-Mac slip away last year, now they get his huge contract back. From all the Philly boards that I've seen, they're convinced that another deal is coming. However, Deke was their only bait. They don't have anything else to offer. You won't see Bonzi or Clark in Philly next season, sorry.

Snow/AI/KVH/Coleman/T-Mac. AI had better be healthy for 82 games, or this team is in the lottery.

Agreed though Dion was the MVP of Shaw's not him (insert sarcasm). Nevertheless, I really think they'll miss the range that VanHorn has (which Jefferson doesn't) and the ability to spread the floor that it provides, plus the mismatches in height.

They're placing a lot of stock in Jefferson being what his "potential" says he is...

It is not necessarily about what we can do to them, it is about what everyone else can do to them. We beat them 2 out of 3 last season. The only loss coming on the second end of a back-to-back. (and we still scored 102Pts that night)

If you look at the last game we played them. We started JT/Ira/DJ/SAR/Nazr and shut them down beginning with Kittles. If DJ can shut down Kittles like Ira did. We should not have a big problem with them. JT can score pretty much at will on Kidd (he is much quicker). If DJ can contain Kittles, that leaves only Jefferson to beat us. That doesn't seem likely. I expect SAR to score on Martin (like he did every game last year), and Theo will play equal to Deke.

Who would you pick if you had Big Dog versus Jefferson deciding your outcome. I think I take Big Dog every night.