• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Player I would like to get at 59

capstone21

After reading the writeups from Portsmouth, I think I am still hooked on Will Conroy of Washington. Team player, creates situations and feeds the ball. But I'll be happy so long as we get a PG and C at this point.

The only thing that would really upset me is if we trade the #1 or #2 picks (Bogut and Paul). We got middle round players for years and got nowhere - we need a premium guy. And I don't think any big name FA will want to come to Atlanta until we can show we are a contender. Also we don't have much to trade except for the Josh's. So we are dependent on the draft.

Have a great night, Yeti

I would be very surprised if either player falls to 59. Hodge has a better chance. Williams is a player who has an outside shot at sneaking into the first round. I expect him to go between 30 and 40.

Who knows what players will be on the board at 59....it's hard to get a contributor there.

We should get the 58thpick in the second round. San Antonio won the tie breaker with the Miami Heat. I don't know why NBAdraftnet and Draftcity keep messing up our seedings in the 2ndround.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We should get the 58thpick in the second round. San Antonio won the tie breaker with the Miami Heat. I don't know why NBAdraftnet and Draftcity keep messing up our seedings in the 2ndround.

Tie breaker results flip-flop for the second round. IOW, the winner of the first round becomes the "loser" in the second round...

But we shouldn't waste the #59 on a marginal college star - we should follow the Spurs' path and draft an international player to stash away for a couple of years.

I used to be a big Hodge fan until I attended the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 games in Syracuse.

Hodge was awful: he couldn't create his own shot, he was at a complete standstill without the ball and just plain looked disinterested a lot of times.

However, attending those games did turn me into a big Felton fan. I didn't like him much prior to the trip, but I really got a good look at his ball-handling, offensive leadership and defense getting to see him in person.

This kid is an absolute pest on both sides of the ball and I would love it if the Hawks could walk away from this draft with Bogut and Felton.

• Premium Member

These Late Entries like Morris, Williams, etc will push a lot of guys back farther into the second round.

I think that instead of Hodge, the 2 guys I would like at 59 if they get pushed back that far are:

David Lee of UF

and

Eddie Basden from Charlotte.

I think that Lee is the PF that we have been looking for and would be a perfect BU Pf. He's tall, versatile, and Athletic. He can play in the post and he has range out to the three point line.

Basden is a SG. He's solid. He's probably the best defensive SG in the draft.

Hodge is a guy Who has had a good collegiate career. I don't know how that will translate into the pros though. Plus he's more of a swing man than a 2.