• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone seen House of Wax

Blunt91

Checked out this movie Wednesday night and it lived up to the expectations that I had of it being Gory and sadastic. The film isn't but about 1 1/2hours and it takes a good 40minutes or so before there is some real action but when the film finally picks up it will keep your attention. I didn't know anyone in the film other than Paris Hilton. The guy that is playing the troubled Brother of one of the main characters is probably the best actor in the movie. I think this movie is kind of a mixture of Wrong Turn & Texas Chainsaw Massacre(2003).The story line is somewhat similar to those two movies in that there is a town in the middle of nowhere where travelers are getting killed by a family(in this case two brothers.) Of course scary pictures don't always make sense or seem logical but you go to watch the sadistic killings at it delivers on that note.

• Admin

Until I saw the trailers with Paris in them. It's pretty funny actually. THe first few months before the movie. When the trailers and TV spots first showed you. They never mentioned Paris even being in it. Now they are. The reason? Most people see her and their like "oh my god, paris hilton is in that movie" and they instantly rethink their decision to see it.

I think we might see it tonight. BUt it will be in the comfort of my home theater smile.gif

Thank God for NewsGroups LOL. The movie I am waiting to see from the comfort of my home theater is ROTS. Of course I will still see the opening showing on the big screen, but if it gets out before opening day I will just have to watch it.

• Admin

my biggest hope is that someone will be able to get a good rip of the DLP version and get it out there. I will still pay to see it multiple times. But I want a screener quality version to watch at home so I can do my own weekend marathon of both trilogies.

Heck i'm already planning on taking a trip to Birmingham just to see the digital version (which is about 12 minutes longer). I've read that the quality is unbelievable and basically on par with the difference between broadcast TV and HD.

It's ridiculous that Alabama has 2 DLP theaters and Georgia has...NONE. rage...building..

Oh yeah I definitely dont want to watch a theater rip. I would much rather see a screener, but if worse comes to worst, I will still watch it. I am stoked about this movie. They just built a brand new theater here and the main screen is 4 times the size of a standard theater screen. I already have my tickets for the first showing.

• Admin

I've already read the novelization of the movie and it rocks. I have very high expectations. Have you seen any of the clone wars cartoons yet? I've got both seasons on DVD and they're pretty damned good. The 2nd season ends right were the movie starts. pretty good stuff. They explain some of the plot points in ROTS that a lot of people wont' get or will find cheesy.

is going to be running a marathon this weekend, I think on Sunday of all the cartoons back to back. From what I heard you have to see those in order to get all the references to the actual movie. Personally I dont get into the cartoons that much, but I might check them out.

I tried listening to the audio tapes of the ROTS book, but they were WAY too long and just too hard to follow because they just couldnt keep my interest for long enough.

• Premium Member

Saturday from 7pm to 10pm they're running the whole animated series. I watched the 2nd episode in the first series and planned on keeping up. Turns out that was the only episode I've seen.

So, I'll be watching Saturday.