• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will Carlos Boozer be a force in the NBA?

Blunt91

I was just reading Thursday's insider and it stated that Boozer averaged 17pts and 13rebounds during their FA/Rookie camp. I know this is just summer league play but you also have to look at his size. He stated during the draft that he had got down around 250 or 255 and that's on a 6'9 frame. He doesn't look like he is that size but I guess he must carry most of his weight in his legs because he doesn't have a large upper body. A 6'9 250+ pound guy can do some damage in the post,especially when he is lean and not fat. What do you guys think on him having a impact next year with the Cavs? Steal of the 2nd round?

Brendan Haywood had a good rookie year just playing 20 mpg. He averaged 5 points, 5 rebounds, and 1.5 blocks.

He also shot a high percentage (near .500)

Ironically, he was drafted by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the first round.

I think Boozer will have a similar impact on the CAVS

With Boozer being a Dukie, maybe I'm a little biased (Ok, more than a little), but I think he will have a solid pro career.

Coack K often gets the most out of players that may not be the most talented (That's why many struggle in the pros), but I think Boozer has the talent to succeed in the NBA. He's very quick for a big man, extremely smart, and can throw his body around with the best of them.

He won't be a superstar, but he will be a good player. I was hoping he would be united with J. Will in Chicago or get to us at #37. Best of luck to you, Booooozer.