• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Unspeakable thoght being spoken...

Diesel

• Premium Member

If we get Williams

And Boston trades up and takes Paul...

Who here would NOT trade Josh Smith for #4...

It's an unspeakable thought... BUT we might as well leave no rock unturned.

With M. Williams playing the same position as Smoove...

Now. Let me hear the important part...

Why not?

with him being an Atlanta favorite and with his ability to block shots and play defense and I wouldnt trade him for any pick this year. I dont think that he and Marvin play the same position because I dont believe that Smooth will ever be a star SF, but I do believe that he can be a star PF with some decent range.

• Premium Member

I agree with the fan favorite part.

I'm back and fourth on the Pf. I think he could play Sf...but only because I'm afraid of what may happen at Pf when he matches up with a lot of these guys. The other night when I was watching Det-SA... I was looking at Det's Frontline and it occured to me.. Smoove is not LONG. I mean seriously... Detroit's major strength is that they are very long. The reason why some guys who are 6'9" can play Pf is because they are Long. A good Model for Smoove is Antonio McDyess.. He's 6'9 245'. But McDyess came into the league with a lot of range on his shot.. and he's Long... How long is Smoove?

Somebody find the Chicago workouts measurements?

in terms of "fairness" - its very fair.

but not likely. josh smith gives puts butts in the seats. unless its a proven player, and a trade we just CANNOT REFUSE- i dont see us trading Josh Smith.

cuz if that 4th pick did not work out, man- we would be the laughing stock of the NBA (if we're not already).

• Premium Member

Precisely the reason I asked the question..

Not because I have designs on a Hawks team without Smoove.

However, look at your response...

Quote:

but not likely. josh smith gives puts butts in the seats.

That really suggests that you don't believe Williams will put butts in seats.

Quote:

cuz if that 4th pick did not work out, man- we would be the laughing stock of the NBA (if we're not already).

In actuallity, it's not the 4th pick that would be on trial. It's Williams that would be on trial. If we get the 4th pick or NOT. The reason being is because I don't think we will trade Al anytime soon. His Salary is not at the point where he's tradable for good talent AND he's still one of BK's favorites. That means that either Smoove or Williams will be going to the bench. My guess is Smoove because Williams supposedly has so much potential and you can't bench a 2nd pick of the draft.

So if Williams is a bust, we'd be the laughing stock.

IF Williams is not a bust and is a superstar, who will talk about us trading for another lottery pick?

What?? Would you please post some relevant stuff on this forum. This is not even worth discussing. Trade Josh after one year and at 19?? Come on man, get out of your fantasy world dude.

You kill me with this fantasy stuff. What's next?? Trade Chillz and Josh for Deron Williams. Wow...Could you possibly put some real actual, factual, possible Atlanta Hawks news in your dicussions? If that is possible!!Sometimes I wonder if it is. I don't think so.

• Premium Member

The only thing that justifies Darko being on the bench is the Championship ring that Detroit has..

IF Detroit didn't sniff Championship... Joe Dumars would be a laughing stock and Larry Brown would have been run out of town.

• Premium Member

Really... other than win a slam dunk championship, what has Josh done to recieve the untouchable label...

He's a 17 pick.

You telling me that getting a 3 or 4 pick for him is a bad return on the investment??

Moreover, we talk here about Smoove going to the 4...

But in all actuallity, I don't think BK will allow it NOR will he trade Al... Who's really in the fantasy world?

Don't get me wrong, I like Smoove because he is defensive.

My question really gets to the question of the value of M. Will for the Hawks.

if we got M-Will.. this is how we would look:

Lue/Royal

Chillz/Diaw

Smoove/MWill/D Smith

Al/Collier

Drobs/

with spaces to fill. That tells me that we would be the exact same team with more logjam at the 3 position...

We really don't know how good Donta is and we want to draft another 3?

I'm saying we should press N.O. for the trade...

Al/MWill for Magloire/#4.

First off Josh Smith was not 17th pick material from the start. He was ranked No. 2 at one time behind Dwight Howard...remember!! So yes getting a 3 or 4 pick for him at this time is a bad return on the investment for Josh Smith, especially since Josh has proven himself a special player and a attraction in Atlanta.

Secondly, yes BK is not going to trade Al before the season. I guarantee it!! During the season maybe, but he has see how everyone plays together after we draft Williams. If Al is important to the success of the 2005 team then he may sign Al. But right now and right before the draft Al Harrington is not going to get traded, like you have in all of your fantasy trades.

So far I have been right (100% right) will all of my predictions with the building of this team since BK has been the GM. I adamantly said he should draft Josh Smith well before the draft and he did. I said Walker would be traded Walker before the deadline and he did. I said Al would not be traded last year before the deadline and he didn't. I said Josh Smith will be a starter if Woodson would give him a chance and he finally did and guess what he was a starter.

Basically what I am saying is I put out realistic information and possibilities based on information coming from the ORGANIZATION. But you put out a bunch of fantasy mess that will never happen in a million years.

Put you money where your mouth is....you want to bet that Al will get traded before the season or before/during the draft? You want to bet that we draft Bogut or Williams with the second pick and not trade it? Lets start putting wagers on some of your predictions which will never happen. You would be flatout broke and it would shut that fantasy mess down that you put out.... quickly!!

If you want to bet let me know. I would gladly take you up on it. It will make you put out what you really think will happen, not what you want to happen.

• Premium Member

Quote:

First off Josh Smith was not 17th pick material from the start. He was ranked No. 2 at one time behind Dwight Howard...remember!!

Yeah.. I remember.. Podkolzine was ranked #5 at that same time.. I remember Wade and Frye being ranked second rounders before workouts. However, the point is that after workouts on draft night, 16 GMs passed over J-Smoove. BK took what he called " a Chance" on J-Smoove, and Jay Bilas said " J-Smoove would be the biggest bust of the draft".. shocked.gif

This is not to say that Smoove didn't overcome the bad press. This is to say that he was still a 17th pick.

Quote:

Basically what I am saying is I put out realistic information and possibilities based on information coming from the ORGANIZATION. But you put out a bunch of fantasy mess that will never happen in a million years.

You must have forgotten, that I also said we should get J-Smith. Aside from Howard, Smoove was the main player I wanted from last yrs draft. After we got screwed in the lottery, I still wanted Smoove and Humphries.

I do what I do to keep things going... But since you believe that your information is so realistic...

Speaking of your history..

Quote:

emeans

Bench Sniper

Reged: 07/11/02

Re: Through emeans Eyes... [Re: TROUBLEMAN69]

#58632 - 07/24/04 09:19 PM

Edit Reply Quote

I never liked Dan Dickau in Atlanta. He was an average player in my eyes also. He may not stick in the NBA.

and you say... that you have been 100% right???? How Arrogant and Wrong you are... Let's recall another of your silliest statements?!

Quote:

emeans

Bench Sniper

Reged: 07/11/02

Chillzatl is totally right!! [Re: chillzatl]

#63858 - 10/31/04 08:41 AM

Edit Reply Quote

We should have drafted Deng over Childress. Childress has the worst mechanics in his jump shot that I have ever seen. His jump shot looks like a shot put and to top it off he misses as at an alarming rate.

Deng is already showing impact on a team better than the Hawks.

How long are people going to give Childress a pass? He has to show something...he hasn't done that at all. Not even a smidget of promise in his game, especially for the 6 pick in the draft.

Childress was a bad bad pick at 6. He would have been a good 17 to 18th pick where he was originally projected anyway!!! We jumped the gun in the week before the draft and he skyrocketed up the draft because of the Hawks interest. Childress was not a top ten prospect two weeks before the draft.

Dude... Don't go trying to be impressive with credentials like these on your record? Let me say this for all the people who believed in Chillz. Dude, you suck! I don't want you trying to make any decisions.

I post things half jokingly. You were serious in your thought that Chillz didn't have a smidget of promise in his game.

No Emeans... we don't forget!

• Admin

Josh Smith is the single biggest reason we had an increase in tickets last year. The fans are gravitating towards him. Trading him would be nothing but another sign in a long list of signs that this franchise doesn't want to improve.

While that may not be the truth. That's going to be casual/average fans take.

on the board seem to believe. If Paul or D. Williams were available at #4 and we had already picked M. Williams or Bogut, that would allow us to fill two HUGE needs and still have a ton of caproom to fill out our roster. Who wouldn't like a lineup of:

Bogut

Harrington

Chillz

Joe Johnson (or Hughes, Redd or Allen)

D. Williams (or Paul)

We'd also still have enough caproom to go out and get one of Dalembert, Chandler, Swift, Curry or Kwame Brown. I wouldn't trade Smoove but if I KNEW I could have a lineup of:

Bogut

Chandler

Harrington

Johnson/Chillz

Paul (D Williams)

or

Chandler

Harrington

M. Williams

Johnson/Chillz

Paul (or D Williams)

it does make me say hmmm!

First of all you don't read too well do you....I said I have been right "with my predictions with the BUILDING of this team". Let me break that down for you since you tend to define your own meanings to statements. It means BKs moves and non-moves. BK trades and non-trades. Bk philosophies and direction with the team. The stuff that you supposedly are trying to make a point about has absolutely nothing to do with that statment....Basic reading and comprehensive. Two entirely different things.

Now since you want to go down the road of comments, which again has nothing to do with my statment. I will address that briefly. I have absolutely no idea why you are posting comments about evaluation of players and ex-players (which by the way were very accurate at those times) as it relates to "my predictions with the BUILDING of this team". The two have no relation, I am talking about all of the fantasy mess and moves you post versus factual information about again "The Building" of this organization that I put out. That is what I am speaking of.

Opinions about Dan Dickau and Chillz is out in left field. Again reading and comprehension. Everyone has opinions about players and at that time I posted that Chillz was terrible, being outplayed by Deng and had a very poor outside shot, which he still does, was quite frankly true. At that time that was very accurate...so again what is your point. Secondly, Dickau is still an average player, putting up good numbers on a sorry team...so again what is your point.

You are pulling for straws here and putting up quotes that have nothing to do with your fantasy trade mess vs. factual moves with the Hawks.

Again put your money where your mouth is!!! Lets start betting about who will be right concerning the BUILDING of this organization. Put up or shut up!!

My two cents: Why role the dice again when you know what you already have. I mean if J-Smooth never becomes a allstar he still will be a productive player so why take a chance on the fourth pick. J-smooth and J-chillz are hopefully here to stay.

I am not.While it is obvious that Marvin is better shooter and ballhandler, I think Smoove has him in most other areas..Smoove can become a defensive monster with work..He is a natural shotblocker..While both guys atr 6'9", Smoove is longer and has much quicker and higher hops..I also think Smoove may grow a little more. I don't think its a stretch to imagine Smoove posting 18/9 type numbers next year..We don't have any idea what Marvin will be..

• Premium Member

Chillz, i don't disagree with anything you said...

What I am trying to get to is why would we bring in a player who will either take time away from Smoove or sit on the bench behind Smoove? I doubt that BK trades Al.

Picking Deron #2 is starting to look like a smarter choice from most perspectives.. Or at least trying to make a trade down that gets us Deron!