• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Porter fired in Milwaukee??

emeans

They mentioned on the RealGM Milwaukee forum that a couple of weeks ago someone posted on that forum that the Milwaukee organization was in discussions with Flip Saunders. That person then disappeared. There is probably an oral agreement already in place with someone, possibly Saunders or McMillan. This may mean that Redd won't resign, evidently Redd liked Porter.

this makes absoultely no sense. I don't know the repoir between Redd and Porter or Redd and the other brass in Mil...but this reeks of politics, moreso than the debacle iwth Bzdelik and the Nuggs. The timing has politicing written all over it more than any move that I can think of, including the Lakers debacle LAST year...

Yeah to me all of Milwaukee's moves are probably made to keep Redd. My guess is Redd didn't like him even though I never heard it, or that he wanted to draft a different player than Redd wanted them too. I don't know which one, and I'm just guessing here. It seems like the more established player in Bogut would make more sense to keep Redd and contend fast, unless Redd is satisfied with Gadzuric and they think Marvin can contribute fast.

The only thing in this mess that seems increasingly clear to me is that Bogut and Marvin are going 1-2 in whatever order

This reeks of the non-lubed job that the classless Pistons pulled on Rick Carlisle. Milwaukee made a big deal out of firing Jerome Kersey and Mike Shuler as assistants many weeks ago and keeping Porter around. It seems obvious that they have an under the table deal with someone else.

I'm wondering if Porter becomes a candidate in Portland now while their 3-ring circus coaching search goes on. Even if not, I've gotta guess that the long-rumored sign and trade for Michael Redd (for NVE's voidable contract and the number 3 pick)is a lot more likely now.

• Premium Member

This was an article that came out after the season that suggested that the Bucks should keep Porter (before the draft lottery)

Quote:

The Bucks ostensibly wanted to clear cap room so they can ink Redd to a big contract. Well, Redd has flourished under Porter, transforming from valuable reserve to the closest thing Milwaukee has to a franchise player. And by all accounts, he likes playing for his coach. Even if the Bucks do keep Porter, Redd might skip town. After the Bucks' final game, he played vaguely-optimistic about returning to Milwaukee, telling the Journal-Sentinel, "We'll see what happens; hopefully we can get something worked out." But rumors have him leaving for Cleveland, Denver, and every other playoff caliber team in need of a shooting guard. Unrest would likely increase the chances of Redd's departure (see LeBron James), and losing him would set the Bucks back a few seasons.

So would losing Porter. Milwaukee isn't exactly a destination, and with so many coaching jobs available, the Bucks have little chance of attracting, say, Flip Saunders--especially given owner Herb Kohl's shallow pockets. Why chase an assistant (Chris Jent, anyone?) or college coach (those guys have a good track record in the pros, right?), when you have a guy who, in his first two pro seasons, has made the Coach of the Year shortlist and developed a bunch of draft-day after-thoughts (Redd, Gadzuric, Williams, and back-up center Zaza Pachulia were all second-round picks) into a cohesive, hard-working team that didn't quit on him down the stretch?

If the Bucks change coaches this off-season, it will prove that their decision-makers, like most in the NBA, expect entirely too much from their suits on the sideline. 21 of the league's 30 teams have canned a head coach in the past two years. Some of the banished--Detroit's Rick Carlisle and Cleveland's Paul Silas come to mind--had their teams playing playoff caliber basketball. But getting a team to achieve is not enough. For a coach to keep his job, his team has to overachieve. And if it overachieves one season, it must overachieve the ne

I think that the Bucks may have wanted to fire Porter all along.. I had read that he wanted Williams and that Harris wanted Bogut. I have also read that Redd and Mason plays the same position and if Redd doesn't resign with the Bucks then O Well...

So for the Hawks Bogut fans, this could be a good thing.

Maybe the Bucks will make a pre-emptive strike against the Loss of Redd and take Williams...

grin.gif