Potential trade between NO and Tor could impact

Admin

the Hawks. According to NOLA.com the Hornets are talking to the Raptors about trading Magloire for the #7/16 picks in this years draft. That would leave them with the #4, #7, and #16 picks.

I could EASILY see them offering #4 and #7 to the Hawks for the #2 pick. At #2 they could get the Sf that they need in Marvin and still find a project big man or one of the 2nd tier PGs at the #16.

For us, we would still get one of the two premier PGs, plus at #7 we would probably get another starter quality player like Channing Frye, Martell Webster, or Danny Granger.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/index.ssf?...68991261270.xml

• Premium Member

C'mon...pull that good ol' fashioned Babcock know how! Solid big man...! Hard to find! C'mon! Move Bosh over to the 4.

DO IT babcock...DO IT babcock...DO IT babcock....

Oh dear Lord...if we can get #4 and #7!? RUN it.

So you're saying that Josh Smith, who has been compared to the likes of Shawn Kemp (in his prime) and Nique, will never be a superstar? Have you been freakin' blinded by the hype! To you Marvin Williams is better than Jordan, by FAR. Sure, this is me putting words in your mouth; you know why, because that's how it sounds. I'm not about to say that M.Williams will never be like Mike, but I sure as hell am not about to agree with someone who says that Nique wasn't a superstar.

1st of all, NOH wouldn't trade #4 and #7 for #2. 2nd of all, I don't see Toronto giving up that much. 3rd of all, Frye at #7? Let NY do that, not us. I'd rather take a chance on Bynum than him. I'd rather look at Danny Granger, Gerald Green or Andrew Bynum before Frye.

Doesn't Atlanta have an extra #1 pick next year besides their own? Who's is it and is it lottery protected? Im just wondering because if Atlanta shipped Al Harrington out(in a New Orleans deal) that would create another hole. Use 4 and 7 to get your pg and big man(Frye?) and I think your good to go, with 2 draft picks in the 2nd round and free agency.

I dunno if that could happen but that would fix alot of the hawks problems. Seems to good to be true but you never know. Haha.

Byron is in love with Marvin and they desperately need a SF. If Tor actually does that deal (which I think they are getting raped on) as its mentioned, there is no reason for NO to need 3 1st round selections this year as they couldnt give them the coaching that they needed.

I'm saying that a team that is being built around Marvin Williams and Josh Smith has a better chance of competing for an NBA title someday.

G - Ronnie Brewer 6'7"

G - Josh Childress 6'7"

F - Marvin Williams 6'8"

F - Josh Smith 6'9"

C - Randolph Morris 6'11"

I diagree. We had a "playoff team" here for many years and it was NOT fun. Once we lost 'Nique the town gave up on the Hawks and Babcock kept drafting and dealing for crappy players. Always focusing on next year, never for the future. So we put up with, what 15 years, of sh$tty teams - no championships and now we are worse off than an expansion team!! Please - NO SHORT-TERM FIXES. Do it right, get quality not quantity - and take 2-4 years if needed.

yeti