• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Babcock strikes again!!!

KB21

Quote:

Just thought it was funny to see what has transpired..

Chris Paul = ROY.

Charlie V. = 1st runner up!

So, Diesel, this is what you were doing Saturday morning at 6:03 AM. Digging a year old post to get KB?

ROFLMAO

I am sure none of your 15,000 predictions could have been wrong. Is KB digging?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the draft was redone, Marvin Williams would still go #2 because he was the best prospect from that draft.

I've said from the very beginning that Marvin Williams and Danny Granger would be the best two players from that draft long term, and Raymond Felton will be the best point guard long term from that draft. Felton outplayed Chris Paul by far over the last three months of the season, averaging 19 points and 10 assists over that span.

I agree on Felton. I love Felton.

Marvin and Granger however....no way.

Marvin still has ways to go before anyone is sure of anything.

Granger has troubles with his knees. I like him and wish him luck but there is a reasonable amount of 'scary' element there. It's why he dropped to 17.

And so far, CV's upside seems to be > Marvin's upside.

I don't see how anyone can believe Villanueva's upside is greater than Marvin's upside. Villanueva isn't nearly as skillful or athletic as Marvin Williams is.

I highly doubt Villanueva gets any better than he is right now, because there simply isn't room for him to get better. The overall ability to be great is lacking.

That isn't the case with Marvin Williams. Marvin is the better athlete, better shooter, better ball handler, and better defender. Marvin has the ability to be a guy that eventually averages 25 and 10, and I don't believe Villanueva will ever come close to matching that kind of production.

If you based everything off someone's rookie season, then Damon Stoudamire is the best player from the 1995 draft. We all know that isn't the case, and Kevin Garnett is by far the best player from that draft even though he didn't make the immediate impact that Damon made.

First, I'm not saying CV is the best I just say he COULD BE when all is said and done.

Second, you obviusly haven't seen CV play much have you? No room to improve? are you seriouse?

Let me know when you watch a game or two.

• Premium Member

I was with you until you said this:

Quote:

but let's not forget it's a lot harder for big men to learn to play at this level

Here's where I disagree and you should too. PG is the hardest position in the game. The PG is the only position where you have to be accountible for every other position. Especially at this level. Being a C or PF doesn't require as much learning as PG. The fact that CP3 came in and did as well as he did is astounding.

• Premium Member

It's all about credibility..

Every year, KB marches out as if he knows something about players and how they will turn out..

Welp, KB said that Paul and Villanueva would be bust...

KB said that Wade was the 11th best player in his draft.

KB was the first on the Swift, Damp, and Bender saying that all three would be superstars in this league...

Now... should anybody believe KB when he talks about Gay or Foye or even Marvin?

I disagree. That thing is natural. You either have it or you don't. If you do, all you need is the tools [handling, shooting etc.] and determination. If you don't, you could have all the tools, desire and whatever and you'll turn in to either a back up[at best] and Steve Francis/Starbury type 'PG' that's actualy and SG in PG's body.

Now being a big man has lots of advantages and disadvantages. First thing is, most of these young big men come from the kind of competition where they were either the talles or the strongest or both. Realising that part coming in to the NBA and finding the way arround it along with speed of the game is huge hurdle.

Now you could say the same for PGs. But due to the nature of positions they are lot less hurt by it then big men.

Defensivly it's all about developing the mindset. A guard has help a second line of D that's there to bail him out. Big guy doesn't. He has to learn all those little tricks defending first: his biger, stronger man; second: helping his teammate.

It's a complicated philosphy that takes years to learn.

That being said, there are guys who are again just born with it. Hakeem e.g. was just amazing from the get go.

Now Chris Paul is amazing for the simple fact he's got that something. But let's not forget he's still in his comfort zone. He's still haveing almost the same things he had in college only now it got quicker and that actually suits him better. Those guys are rare, hard to find. They are just natural and that's the best thing. That's why they may have more value to the team then some kind of dominant big man but that doesn't mean that position is harder. In fact, for someone who is born with it, it's easy.

With Charlie, and other big men, it's gonna take some more time before they adapt and IMO, it would only be fair to let them have it. That includes your preciouse Hawk, Marvin though he's somewhere between SF and PF. I like his game and talent. To me he seems like better Jamaal Mashburn. Him and Joe could be wracking havoc in a few years. But the truth is, CV has already made some noise and he is just a year older then Marvin. 48 points, for a rookie that was picked 7th and for which some guys dare to say was a bad pick there, is amazing.