• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chad Ford analysis of Hawks second rounder !

thescout10

Atlanta Salim Stoudamire 6-1 190 SG Arizona

He may be the best shooter in the draft, but where does he fit? He's an undersized two guard who duplicates what Tony Delk does. The Hawks still have no point guard, and no real power forward or center. How do they pass on Roko Ukic, Chris Taft and Andray Blatche here?

I have to agree salim is not a pure point guard.A guard that can distribute the ball first shoot second.He is a clutch player but the hawks will be blown out befoee it becomes clutch time.No center or point guard comes out of this draft !

• Premium Member

Chad might have missed that (a) Delk was injured for so many games and (b) that he's a FA anyway.

At #31, BK just needed to pick the player he thought would be most likely to make the roster, and definitely not shoot for the best player at a particular position.

I think he did that.

• Premium Member

Quote:

i think we have found our PG

With all due respect... no.

Rather, we have found our Vinnie Johnson.

But that's a good thing to have, too.

PG will be Lue, and C will be Dalembert... and next year we'll be in a position to add to all of that.

It's not like Ukic would have started for us anyway. Apparently he didn't want to play for us since he either missed his flight or cancelled hiw workout with the Hawks today.

Quote:

Quote:

i think we have found our PG

With all due respect... no.

Rather, we have found our Vinnie Johnson.

But that's a good thing to have, too.

PG will be Lue, and C will be Dalembert... and next year we'll be in a position to add to all of that.

I don't know why people think Dalembert is going to

sign with the Hawks. Dont Cleveland have money? It

really wouldn't surprise me if he signs there.

• Premium Member

Morris?

Being a Lexingtonian, I doubt anyone here has seen the guy play more than I have.

If you're willing to send him to NBDL for a couple of years, fine.

But I wouldn't say "whatever it takes" for the guy... everyone who points to his last game in the tournament forgets how his game regressed through most of the year.

If I may use Parcells-speak on a Hawks board -- he's "just a guy." A big guy, but just a guy.