• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Signing Day Postponed AGAIN!!!!

Inside_Man

This is not good. Someone is really dropping the ball in the NBA. They have had ample time to have all of this done.

This especially hurts Atlanta because teams have loads of time to figure out how they are going to sign their restricted free agents. It gives them more time to contemplate on whether to keep the Joe Johnson's, Curry's, Chandler's. Whether to pay the luxury tax, etc. Dalamberts is a good example of what I am saying.

The more time passes it also looks like Atlanta is not doing anything, which gives a bad perception to other free agents to follow momentum type signings. Right now Atlanta has signed know one, however it is all because of these delays with the NBA. Like an earlier posted said if this were New York or LA that had the most money to spend...I guarantee this would have been done much earlier.

stupid freakin idiotic moronic $@%@^@^@^%!$!$$#$!!!! sure, the Hawks are in a situation where timeliness is key in getting some restricted free agents and they pull this cr.ap.. GET YOUR DAMN LEAGUE TOGETHER!!! run by freakin loonygoons.

• Moderators

The delays in finalizing an agreement are not uncommon or unexpected. What is totally irresponsible of the NBA is that they allowed contact between clubs and free agents before they had a firm handle on when they would finalize the CBA. That messes with the competitive balance and has screwed the Hawks royally. What the NBA should have done was delay the opening day for clubs to talk to players until they had a date set in stone (or close to it) for the CBA to be completed and only then give a period for clubs to talk to their free agents followed by the opening of the official signing period. This really bites. mad.gif

I agree. If not, they should let RFA's basically go ahead somehow. I.e. we offer JJ a max contract now in principle (even though we don't have exact figures yet) and Phx has 1 week to either agree in principle to match, or agree to let him go.