• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My assessment so far.

d2v16DKG

OK, I've seen 3 of the summer rookie games involving the Hawks new players and 2nd & 3rd year players and these are my comments so far. #1 the Boris Diaw experiment needs to end. He can not lead this team as the point guard. Yes he has nice size but what good is it. He's too slow, the offense turns to molasses when he's at point. He's too predictable and he can't shoot. I would rather see Stoudamire at point. He's quick, he can distribute, and he can shoot. (He's taken some wild shots and made some mistakes but he appears to be a hard worker.) Marvin has not been impressive but he has potential and he's been hampered by his hamstring. (I wish he had at least one more year in college ball.) Both Josh's are coming along nicely. Royal Ivy and Dante have a ways to go. Very impressed with the guy who played center, Arthur Johnson. Who is he? So far we don't look bad but we definitely need another shooter besides Stoudamire. Unless we get someone else who can shoot, teams will key on him and he won't be able to get his shots off. What do the rest of you think?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Unless we get someone else who can shoot, teams will key on him and he won't be able to get his shots off. What do the rest of you think?

I agree and I think his name is Joe Johnson.

(crosses fingers)

• Moderators

Getting JJ would be great. I agree Diaw needs to go if we can trade him. My question is why we haven't pursued Jaric. He would be a good solution for us at the point and he's a big guard too. I know we'd rather have JJ but that may not happen.

Because Jaric isn't good and isn't a good fit for this team. Jaric defends like a chair and doesn't bring the athleticism that BK wants.

At least Boris can defend. Boris is also more of a point guard than Marko, but you won't hear a lot of people on here say that.

The reality is, especially from what I have been reading lately, is that they are going to match. There has been too much angry sentiment from Sun fans for the owner not to match, regardless of the fiscal situation. Besides, as long as they keep their Fab 4 together, it doesn't really matter who they supplement with.

I have had enough of this experiment to know that he cannot run the point for this team. This teams needs a PG that can get them out and run the ball and Diaw just drags the offense to a crawl. He doesnt seem to know how to penetrate and kick out like the good PGs do either. Sure he is a good enough defender as a PG, but our offense is horrible with him in there. I cant see how anyone could see anything but that when watching the games (and this goes back to last year as well, not just the summer league this year).

that Dallas doesnt want to take any chance that Finley winds up with the Suns. Cuban wont make that same mistake twice, like he did with Nash. I think that if there was a legit shot the Suns could replace JJ with Finley that they might very well let him go, but now I just cant see them being able to afford to let him go. I know the rumors are that the owner doesnt want to pay the luxury tax, but without being able to replace JJ I just cant see them letting him go.

Quote:

I've been following all of the rumors, and most of the newer stories are hinting more and more that he might NOT be matched. It's possible that they will, but that's definitely not the way the "buzz" is going right now.

I think the Suns have been floating those stories to prepare the fans to be without JJ and to guage fan reaction. Now if the Suns front office has gotten 5000 calls from season ticket holders threatening to cancel, then look for them to match.

Quote:

Boris is also more of a point guard than Marko, but you won't hear a lot of people on here say that.

You probably won't hear a lot of people in the world say that. lol I'm not ready to give up on Boris the player (despite the fact that I wanted Josh Howard),but I am ready to give up on Boris the point.

You're preaching to the choir my friend, I said the same thing last season about Diaw. I don't care how good his mother is; this man cannot play the point! That's why I was hoping we would have chosen a point guard with all those good point guards out there. Love Stoudamire but he needs someone who can feed him the ball so he can take decent shots. Not too impressed with Marvin Williams so far; was hoping we would have picked Derron Williams.

Quote:

At least Boris can defend. Boris is also more of a point guard than Marko, but you won't hear a lot of people on here say that.

Mark is a point guard. 6 assists per last year. He is a point guard. Boris is a small forward with passing skills. You'd probably be the only person to think that Boris is more of a point than Marko.

He's got a great stroke, and that's the one aspect that really separated him from the other prospects in the draft. You don't find many 6'9" guys that can shoot like Marvin. Marvin shot over 50% from the field, 42% from beyond the three point line, and 85% from the free throw line. He can shoot the ball.

You realized Marvin couldn't shoot by watching the summer league?????

You realized that Deron is quick by watching the summer league?

If so you really need to watch more basketball.

Chris Paul is quick....Deron is not.

You didn't realize Marvin couldn't shoot because he can.

Quote:

Because Jaric isn't good and isn't a good fit for this team. Jaric defends like a chair and doesn't bring the athleticism that BK wants.

I remember Boris getting his rear handed to him by

Van Horn? Come on now! Boris isn't that good.