• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Think of all the arguments made for picking MWill.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Quote:

Unleaded's comments make it seem as though Billy Knight might have drafted Salim to roam the paint, blocking shots!

Had BK drafted Salim and said...

" The league puts too much emphasis on position, Salim can roam the paint and block shots like Ben Wallace".. then this would be true..

But BK doesn't seem to see a definite need for specialization.

Swift is 6'9 230... BK said "He's a good C in this league."

Josh Childress shot 23% from the 3 Pt line (with an ugly, flat shot with bad mechanincs. BK said " I don't see Childress as a Forward, but I see him as a SG".

Diaw's T.O to Assist ratio this past summer league was less than 1. BK is still experimenting to bring him in as a PG.

JJ's Assist to TO # as a PG are 3.9 to 2.0 yet Bk wants to pay him 70 million to come here and play PG?

From these examples, I don't think BK sees a need for the specialized positions. There may be a small difference between most PFs and Sfs expecially on a small athletic team (meaning that I would never play Karl Malone at Sf)... but BK doesn't seem to grasp a need of positions very strongly IF he talks in terms of guys being "basketball players"... This is the same Nonesense that JT used to talk about when he said he was a "guard",,,

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Yep Duff..

this is the future. Face it.. We are not better than last season.

I don't see Marvelous Marvin doing more for us than Antoine Walker did... I don't see Marvelous Marvin putting up 20/9. I don't expect Salim to do more for us than Delk did last year. I expect Chillz and smoove to be better, but both will have to give up some of their playing time for Marvelous Marvin.

FAcy doesn't look like it will yield us anything. So what are we left with??

Hope for next years draft.

And in next years draft, I expect Rudy gay to be one of the top players in college if not the best overall. So how can we pass him up. He will be in the right position, we will be in the right position...

What's left to talk about?

overpay for the likes of Adonal Foyle, Erick Dampier, Jerome James, Brendan Haywood or Calvin Booth instead of making an attempt to get guys who can actually play. I mean Adonal Foyle is really tearing it up out there in GS with that $43M deal he got last year. He would REALLY make a difference for us right now I'm sure.

If Rufdy Gay is definitely the BPA when we pick next year, I hope BK DOES take him. He can then package any 2 of Al/Smoove/Marvin/Rudy to get us a top flight PG or Center. There is more than one way to fill out a roster.

• Premium Member

If we get Rudy, we'd have:

Larry Hughes = Rudy.

Tim Thomas = Marvin

Young Shawn Kemp = Smoove.

Scottie Pippen = Chillz.

Antonio Davis = Al...

And Pistol Pete Myers = Diaw.

Somebody find a Dutch Center who's about 7 foot tall!!

• Premium Member

27-8-8-6-50...

It's not some strange locker combination. It's not the lock to unlock the heaven's gate.

27-8-8-6-50 are the stats from Foyle when they played Atlanta in GS.

In 27 minutes. He had 8 points, 8 rebounds, 6 blocks and shot 50%...

Yeah, you can talk about 6'8 basketball players all day long.. But when we enter the season with NO C...

That 27-8-8-6-50 sure looks good!

I miss the days of having a C that can get 6 blocks...

Oh well,

I guess I better hope that Al can play C!

Quote:

27-8-8-6-50...

It's not some strange locker combination. It's not the lock to unlock the heaven's gate.

27-8-8-6-50 are the stats from Foyle when they played Atlanta in GS.

In 27 minutes. He had 8 points, 8 rebounds, 6 blocks and shot 50%...

Yeah, you can talk about 6'8 basketball players all day long.. But when we enter the season with NO C...

That 27-8-8-6-50 sure looks good!

I miss the days of having a C that can get 6 blocks...

Oh well,

I guess I better hope that Al can play C!

Do the words "sample size" mean anything to you?

Quote:

Yep Duff..

this is the future. Face it.. We are not better than last season.

I don't see Marvelous Marvin doing more for us than Antoine Walker did... I don't see Marvelous Marvin putting up 20/9. I don't expect Salim to do more for us than Delk did last year. I expect Chillz and smoove to be better, but both will have to give up some of their playing time for Marvelous Marvin.

FAcy doesn't look like it will yield us anything. So what are we left with??

Hope for next years draft.

And in next years draft, I expect Rudy gay to be one of the top players in college if not the best overall. So how can we pass him up. He will be in the right position, we will be in the right position...

What's left to talk about?

Sadly, with the trade of Voskhul from Phoenix, the team we see now is more than likely the team that is going to be on the floor come November. PHO traded Jake to free up some room to match Johnson's offer. If we end up Curry or Chandler-less, we might as well play Loyola Marymount/Paul Westhead style.

• Premium Member

Nothing allowed Foyle to get 27-8-8-6-50...

That means tht for a little over half of the game, Foyle just waltzed down the lane, got the rebounds he wanted got the shots he wanted and blocked our shots like a mad man.

Quote:

Sadly, with the trade of Voskhul from Phoenix, the team we see now is more than likely the team that is going to be on the floor come November. PHO traded Jake to free up some room to match Johnson's offer. If we end up Curry or Chandler-less, we might as well play Loyola Marymount/Paul Westhead style.

*cry* if only! Actually, we'd better emulate LMU if we *DID* have Curry.. and you know.. he ... never mind, I'm going to Hell.

• Premium Member

But if the opportunity to take a cheaper Foyle came along, I would take him...

Hell, if we could trade Collier/Delk/and Diaw for Foyle I'd do it...

Then we could have both Foyle and Smoove blocking shots!