• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

With JJ and Pachulia we are best offensive team!!!

hotboyj

I know this sounds pretty extreme, but with the additions of JJ and Za Za, the Hawks become the best offensive team in the league.

And the best rebounding teams also.

This sound pretty crazy, but watch as I make predictions on what a player will average this upcoming season.

JJ: 21 ppg 4 rpg

Al: 18 ppg 7 rpg

Chillz: 14 ppg 7 rpg

Smoove: 12 ppg 8 rpg

Pachulia: 10 ppg 8 rpg

Salim: 8 ppg 1 rpg(only b/c of playing time)

Marvin: 7 ppg 5 rpg

Delk: 6 ppg 2 rpg (lesser role thanks to Salim)

Collier: 4 ppg 2 rpg

Ivey and Donta: 4 ppg 2 rpg

Total: 104 ppg 46 rpg

PHX had the highest total last year for scoring at 110 ppg, but with the loss of Q-Rich and JJ no way they put up those same numbers.

I say we offer Pachulia whatever it takes to get him here, because he could mean playoffs this year for us.

And we would still have enough to go after the likes of Diop, Wagner, Hunter, Skita, or anyone else who is cheap and has potential.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Johnson and ZaZa Pachulia do not take a team from having the 3rd worst offense in the whole league to the best offense in the whole league. We will score more, but not even be close to the top scoring team.

We will be one of the better rebounding teams if we can get a C, I don't know about THE best

Quote:

lol this joshsmith guy reminds me of hawksfreak. whatever happened to him btw?

I was just thinking that EXACT same thing!

I love unbridled enthusiam. Our country was founded on it!

the #2 overall pick, the best shooter to come out of college in the past decade, and we are probably going to add a pg and another big man.

Even when you have info in your face that mostly everyone here agrees with, we still find a way to disregard it.

If it is possible, can't we have a liitle hope that we one day will actually be good.

• Admin

and nobody is ever going to criticize your enthusiasm. But you gotta be a little more realistic. We were the 3rd lowest scoring team in the entire league last year. we brought in a 17ppg scorer and a shooter that has never played against NBA competition. we would have to add 20ppg to be the leagues best. If we did that, we would, without a doubt, win 50 games. That's just not realistic.

If you took those down to:

JJ: 19 ppg 4 rpg

Al: 16 ppg 7 rpg

Chillz: 12 ppg 7 rpg

Smoove: 10 ppg 7 rpg

Pachulia: 10 ppg 6 rpg

Salim: 8 ppg 2 rpg(only b/c of playing time)

Marvin: 8 ppg 5 rpg

Delk: 6 ppg 1 rpg (lesser role thanks to Salim)

Collier: 4 ppg 2 rpg

Ivey and Donta: 4 ppg 2 rpg

Total: 97 ppg 43 rpg

I think that would be a very lofty, but possibly achievable goal.

97 would put is around 16th in the league last year, which would be a great improvement from 3rd to last with 92.7 ppg.

43 would put us 8th in the league, up from 17th.

Just based on those two stats alone, it would be some excellent improvement. Hope it would equal some wins, too.

I almost forgot, not to mention the fact that I expect our rookies to have made some kind of improvement.

The majority of people in America are idiots, no offense to anyone, but how else can you expect Bush being elected not once but twice.

Even when someone comes along telling you, what will happen, we refuse to believe them.

Now please just listen to me.

Then again, I don't expect you to, why should we start now.

I remember last year when I went to the open practice, and there was this old fella saying, "man we have too much talent this year not to make the playoffs," and I just broke down to tears, it was that damn funny.

This year though something is different, and if someone were to say that this year, I would say I see where you are coming from.

Ok last year, Walker was playing pf, so Smoove couldn't start. Al was playing sf, out of position. Chillz deferred to Walker as did the rest of the team.

We had the likes of Kenny Anderson, Ivey, Diaw, and Lue as our starting pg's throughout the year.

This year we have Walker like contributions, but coming from the pg position, and from a guy who can shoot free throws and make threes on a nightly basis.

Chillz is becoming a leader through his actions, Al gets to play at his natural position, Smoove has improved in all aspects of his game except athleticism. Thanks to his new size he is a little less aerodynamic.

If we get Pachulia, and either Knight or Watson, along with more depth in the front court, how can you say we won't be a good team.

JJ/Knight/Wagner

Chillz/Salim/Wagner

Smoove/Marvin

Al/Skita

Pachulia/Diop/Collier

Not too bad of a line-up, not bad at all.

Quote:

The majority of people in America are idiots, no offense to anyone, but how else can you expect Bush being elected not once but twice.

I love how people always say "No offense, but.." and following the "but" is a very offensive statement.

• Moderators

Expecting the Hawks to lead the league in scoring and rebounding next season is way overoptimistic, IMO. Don't let that stop you, though. The people who are overly pessimistic about things aren't stopped so enjoy yourself but don't expect to avoid a few sideways glances when you post something like that.

On the merits of the prediction though, I'd say the following:

Premise: If the Hawks lead the league in both rebounding and scoring they will win 50+ games.

Do you dispute that premise? If not, are you then predicting that the Hawks win 50+ this season?

I think that Chill and Smoove will both improve their scoring this year, I don't expect this team to make the playoffs by any means, but another thing to think about is that Al Harrington is going to be playing for a big contract this year, we all know that Al has skills...It wouldnt surprise me to see him put up bigger numbers than expected.

With the addition of JJ, the contract year play of Al Harrington, the progression of Chill and Smoove along with the help from Salim shooting the ball, and Marvin coming in and getting some rebounds and points here and there, if the Hawks can get any kind of decent inside presence this team could improve more than anyone expects...I still don't think they will make the playoffs though

Did everyone notice how PHX averaged the most ppg, but at the same time their opponents averaged over 100 ppg. We could average the most points, but our opponets could average even more.

Yeah that isn't really good, but would probably make more exciting games and sell more tickets.

That would be a good time for Woodson's defensive philosphy to come into play.

• Moderators

Quote:

Premise: If the Hawks lead the league in both rebounding and scoring they will win 50+ games.

Do you dispute that premise? If not, are you then predicting that the Hawks win 50+ this season?