• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

US got beat by Argentina?? HAHA

chillzatl

I think a lot has to do with the fact that

1)US is overconfident? Do u guys sense that or is it just me? i feel like this is how they are feeling (b4 this game began)

"our job is to just come out there and get the W. It doesnt matter how much u win by, just go there get the Win. Go to the tournament, win the gold medal... and go back to playing in the NBA"

anybody else sense this?

2)Team play is killing US. Individually, the US has very good athletes. Ben Wallace can block with the best of them in the tournament. Peirce can score with the best of them in the tournament. Miller is just as clutch as the best... etc etc

but when it comes to team play, its like PORTLAND back couple years ago... our team doesnt really have a GO-TO option (Pierce might be it, but Finley may have a word about this). Every other team has developed a GO-TO guy.

The US needs to play like a team... thats how u win a ball game... teamwork

Maybe this will be a wakeup call to US players to spend as much time on jumpshooting and defense as they do on their hair. US basketball has made the transition from dream team to queen team. Argentina treated our girls like the Washington Generals. Seriously tho, we saw the definition of sissyball last night when miss O'Neal (don't touch the hairdo!) stepped on the Argentinians back for blocking her shot, maybe JO chipped a nail on the play and felt the need to retaliate, from what my girlfriend says that sh!t really hurts!

• Admin

I love it. It will bring them off their high horses. Teams have been coming close to beating the US since the Australia OLympics and I am really glad that it finally happened.

THese tournaments have been boring because the outcome was always going to be a foregone conclusion and they were suppose to be blowouts. Who wants to see that? What this means is that the world is catching up and maybe not this year but someday it will be a much more competitive tournament. I am looking forward to when there is going to be a time when you don't know who is going to win these tournaments. It seems that it is not so far away.

Yea #4 on the Argentina team yall might not have known but yup it was the guy we released after that Deke trade we made was complete! Remember that little BU PG we had Pepe Sanchez! Yup folks that was him former Hawk Pepe Sanchez crossing Baron Davis like nuts and throwing all these great passes and unbelievable shots! [image]http://2002worldbasketball.com/teams/images/qualified/Argentina.jpg[image]

LOOK FOR FORMER HAWK Juan "Pepe" Sanchez #4!!