owners, coaches, and the GM?

Do you mean the guy who didn't want to spend any more

money that the NBA required to meet the minimum payroll

requirement each year?

Do you mean the guy who tried to make Atlanta look bad

to all the other teams in the NBA?

Do you mean that guy who would deny the Hawks their first

major free agent, who really wanted to come here and be

a part of what he thinks will be a great young team?

Do you mean giving up two future draft picks who may or

may not someday become good NBA players, which, if

we had kept them, wouldn't be here for a long time?

What do you mean, too much? Getting a great player,

filling a position we really were desperate to fill,

who can play immediately and this is too much?

Yep. I am afraid, you are all alone in your support.

My only question to you is, WHY ?

confused.gif

Quote:

wb

we already predicted u'd be in favor of belkin

we discussed this on another thread

belkin is gone, toine is gone...don't let the door hit u on the way out!

Why don't you grow up. If you cannot handle others opinion then don't go post at a message board.

I was a Hawks fan before you were even born.

I want the Hawks to be successful and so far there hasn't been a positive thing done by this entire ownership group PERIOD. The last thing this team needed was another sf.

I've only been a Hawks fan for 30 years, but I can say that Belkin is the original village idiot. He tried to single-handedly hamstring this organization. Whether or not we need a SF (which Johnson is not) is not the question. Ask yourself about the ability to draw free agents and this is a no brainer. I have watched Johnson at Arkansas run the point at times. He is going to be fine. I just think Belkin's name is synonymous with AZZZZ!

I don't have a problem with you disagreeing with me over the sport. That is your opinion, I do however have a problem with immature children above telling me to leave because I do not agree with his opinion.

I like JJ, I think he is a very good player but I don't see why we need another in his postition. I also do not feel that he will make a difference when it comes to winning or becoming winners in the future.

As I skimmed this thread it appears that any comments about you leaving were in regard to the thought that you were an Antoine fan and since he isnt here and now Belkin might not be around (another Boston reference) there were questions as to why you would stay. Thats my thought anyway and it had nothing to do with you disagreeing with someones post.

The other thing, which I can certainly comment on is your JJ statement about him being a SF and being another in his position. Yes, he CAN play SF, but he isnt a SF. At worst he is a great SG for us and a potential franchise player. The Hawks havent had one of those since Nique was given away. At best, he fullfills the dreams that some had for him coming out with the claims that he could be the next Magic Johnson. I think he can become a very solid PG as long as we have some ball handling help for him. One thing that I know for a fact he will do is cause defenses to stop sagging on Al in the post because of a lack of respect for the PG being able to knock down the outside shot.

Guest Walter

It's difficult to seperate emotion, because of an obvious ass-hole move by Belkin, against the trade with the logic as to whether or not the trade is good. I was for it 100% when the picks seemed lottery protected. Now I can see us paying for it (i.e. giving up a 3-10 pick in 2007) and not getting what we need (a full-time top notch Pg and the unfettered development of our young forwards). Still, we are a team that must take a risk sometime and this is our risk.

All that being said, I can understand your concerns.

W

This has probably been mentioned many times but I know we are overpaying JJ but I don't see any other top notch free-agents wanting to come here. Boris hasn't developed at all eventhough he's still 21 and two picks aint a big deal. Michael Gearon Jr. will turn this team around....period

• Premium Member

I would love to get Rondo next year. Some would like to get Ronnie Brewster..

But the real question is what about Cenk? I think that this kid does plan on coming to America sometime in the next 2-3 yrs. He's ours by draft right. He's a PG.

I think that our real need is that of a Big man. The newest bandwagon that I have jumped on is the get Nene' bandwagon. I think he fits our style and Denver may let him go being that they have to come up with Mello Money.

Having JJ gives us some legitamacy and maybe will help us draw the interest of a guy like Nene!

• Premium Member

Rondo definitely has to work on his shooting.. However, his passing, basketball IQ, and defense is especially good. I think Jason Kidd also suffers from bad shooting. JKidd is just better at getting to the basket...

I'm in agreement with Diesel here.

People kill me, most want a pg that can distribute, run a team, control pace, and play some decent defense.

Essentially Magic.

given that we most likely won't see another player with Magic's Skill and Size again in our lifetime (I never say never)...you take the skills that really made him who he is...and then people forget he couldn't shoot for crap, especially when he first came into the League.

If we got Rondo next year, somehow, some way (and he comes out)...I'd be overjoyed!

BTW~ stream of consciousness (as this is my acid base study break)...whatever happened to Randolph? are they letting him back in at UK?

• Premium Member

Well, all the highlight reels always shows Magic Throwing the ball from 3/4 court and hitting all net or throwing the ball over his left shoulder at halfcourt and hitting all net. Or the running sky hook in the lane to win the game.

However, those who watched and were even alive in Magic days... know that Showtime wasn't about Magic's shooting ability!