• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why not a Point Gaurd?

asdogg

I hate to sound pessimistic but as more time elapses from draft night. I keep thinking why we didn't draft a point gaurd? It is argubaly the most important position on the floor. This year there were at least two perennial all star caliber point gaurds in the form of Chris Paul and Derron Williams. Instead we got another small forward, who will take two to three years to develop. This off season, despite the owenership debacle, we have done nothing to address our critical needs. How come the Suns offense slumped so poorly last year when Nash was out? Will Joe be a point gaurd of Paul or Williams caliber? Look at Billy Knights history, he has never had a winning team since he has been GM in the league? It just makes me think did we do the right thing,or are we just lost at see with no clear direction or plan?

We did draft a PG, but it wasn't Paul or Williams. Yes, I am talking about Salim Stoudamire who can become an All Star in this league, and is no dobt going to be the steal of the draft. I know it is early but you didnt see CP3 or Deron dropping 39 pts at the revue!!! And to critisize BK is not only wrong but stupid!!! He is probobly the best GM we have ever had. If Salim can alter his game a bit and become a true PG, and if we can sign big ben wallace next year(which I think we can because him and woody are tight) then who us gana stop this lineup?

Salim

JJ

Chillz

Smoove

Big Ben

6th Man: M Will

• Premium Member

Right now either:

Deron, JJ, JC, Al, Zsazsa

or

Paul, JJ, JC, Al, Zaza

would be good teams. Instead we have to experiment with JJ at the PG... and MW is still going to sit the bench for the next 2-3 yrs... Forever, Forever ever, Forever ever if it were up to some of you guys!!??????

I'm telling you this now. MW has to be better than Deron and Paul for this topic to ever be silenced! Sadly enough, I don't think we have suitable conditions for him to ever be that!

That is more of a result of circumstance and not a result of crappy play.

At Arizona Stoudemire played SG and was their hired gun to shoot the ball so I don't expect him to have high assists numbers in that role.

The question should be: Can he play PG or does he have the ability to play PG? Time will tell, but I think the answers is YES. Based on his size he will be a PG that can shoot the hell out of the ball. And personally I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. I actually rather have a Point Guard who is a serious threat from the outside.

No one should say he is not a PG because he had more turnovers than assist. Of course he would, being assigned to shoot the ball. That is not a good barometer of how well he will play PG based on his role as a SG.

Basically we will have to see how well he can be coached and how well he can assimilate into a certain role...that is the big question. He did a pretty good job in the Summer League playing the Point.

• Moderators

I think BK would disagree that PG is the most important position on the floor. I think he's more interested in putting a team on the floor that creates mismatches for the other team rather than having guys who are good at one position only.

Remember Smoove was supposed to be a 2-3 year gamble and he became a starter in 3 months.

Quote:

I'm telling you this now. MW has to be better than Deron and Paul for this topic to ever be silenced! Sadly enough, I don't think we have suitable conditions for him to ever be that!

I'm telling you this now. MW, Deron and Paul should actually get some games under their belts for this topic to even be explored!

I have to admit that I am concerned that Marvin will never pan out. I mean we are talking about potential. Salim may end up being our best player from this draft.

I'm glad that we picked up JJ because now people will not be anticipating Marvin's debut quite as much.

BK dropped the ball. I am so sick and tired of waiting for this franchise to get its act together. 13 freakin wins you have to be kidding. We have been a joke since '87. Every year its been wait till next year, now its maybe this guy will able to be a PG.If BK was smart he should of drafted Deron, Signed JJ as our SG. Had JC be our SF with JS breathing down his neck for the starting job. I bet we would have been in the playoffs with that line up, and been able to attract grade A Free agents next year. Now look at us just more [censored] question marks. We are in no postion for these stupid experments.BK go out and get a real [censored] PG. Fill our god damn holes with solid players. Offer Chandler the MAX. P.S. You are on crack to think Ben Wallace will EVER PLAY for a team with 13 wins. By the time MW comes around ,and thats if he comes around, Ben would be like 37.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I bet we would have been in the playoffs with that line up, and been able to attract grade A Free agents next year. Now look at us just more [censored] question marks. We are in no postion for these stupid experments.BK go out and get a real [censored] PG. Fill our god damn holes with solid players. Offer Chandler the MAX. P.S. You are on crack to think Ben Wallace will EVER PLAY for a team with 13 wins. By the time MW comes around ,and thats if he comes around, Ben would be like 37.

A couple of things:

1. Rookie PG's rarely have lead 13 win teams to the playoffs.

2. Drafting Deron wouldn't have changed the fact that Curry has heart problems and that Dalembert wanted to return to Philly.