Dear Hawks Fans,

BruceLevenson1

Since I became an owner, I have from time to time checked RealGM and Hawksquawk to get a sense of the thoughts of our most dedicated fans. In the past several weeks, I have closely read your comments on the Joe Johnson trade and the conflict within our ownership group. I was struck by your passion for the Hawks. It's that passion that we desparately need as we build this young team. Over the past year, several of you have chatted about meeting at a game and I would love to assist in making this possibe. So I've arranged the following:

Between now and September 1st you can purchase lower level tickets to the Hawks game on November 10th vs. the LA Clippers -- for only $10 each! These seats are normally $55! Plus, I will choose two of you that purchase these tickets to sit with me in my floor seats and watch

the Hawks Rise Up and beat the Clippers!

Here is how to take advantage of this special offer. Click on the link below and type in the word owner in the "Enter Special Offer Code or Password" box and order your tickets to this game.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E003B10...id=805898&major

catid=10004&minorcatid=7

Look forward to meeting you at the game and an exciting season ahead.

Sincerely,

Bruce Levenson

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! Thanks for that awesome offer!! Great to see an owner looking in on our thoughts!! I am sure I speak for most of the fans here when I say we are extremely excited to have you and the other owners (minus Belkin) putting together a quality NBA team.. I cannot wait for the season to start!! Thanks again, BTW.. is there a maximum amount of tickets we can purchase? I have 2 small kids who are bigger Hawks fans than I am, and would love for them to sit that close with me..

Excellent. Thanks for coming on and giving us a word. Good to see ownership (REAL ownership) showing passion for the game and acknowledging the REAL fans out there. I'm glad you guys are taking steps to remove the wink link from the organization in Belkin The Evil One.

Here on Hawksquawk, we DO recognize what you guys have been trying to do and I'd like to thank you. The real hardcore fans of the team can see that, although some of the more casual fans don't.

Great job guys and we look forward to the Hawks future.

wow...thanks!

It's good to know that we have owners that care about the Hawks (and Thrashers) and care about building winning franchises. I hope your buyout of Belkin goes well. I'm also glad to see that you guys read the squawk as well.

I'll be purchasing tickets to this game and hope my luck gets me the floor seats with you.

Quick question: will ticketmaster automatically put all of the tickets purchased through that link in the same section?

Mr Levenson,

You're showing a lot of class to come on a message board. Your ownership group and Mr. Knight have my support.

The only other professional sports owner I've seen post on an internet fan site is Mr. Henry, owner of the Boston Red Sox. And you know how that story turned out! smile.gif

• Moderators

BTW - I think the sense you'll find among hardcore Hawks fans is that they are excited about the team's young talent and very happy to hear Bernie Mullins this morning say that you are close to completing a buyout of Mr. Belkin. I think you'll find that the sentiment is that we feel the groups led by yourself and Mr. Gearon are committed to making this organization flourish and that we were very nervous at the idea of Mr. Belkin asserting control over the organization in light of his obvious willingness to drag the team through the mud and the public comments about his desired payroll. We have our debates but are very excited about what the team is building and can't wait to see how these young players develop in 2005-06.

Just saw the link where Mr. Gearon announced that a buyout had been reached and should close by the end of the year. Congrats! grin.gif

WOW !!! This is pretty awesome. Thank you very much Mr. Levenson. I am glad the owners minus Belkin of course are trying to build this Hawk team back up again.

This is amazing, we have never had an owner do something like this to us. And I my friend and everyone here in the squawk would like to thank you and the Hawks organization.

Unfortunately I cannot go, I am a Hawks fan that lives in Miami, Florida and plus during that time I will be going through the police academy and I cannot take any days off, but thank you again.....this is something very very kind.

Will the trade go through today? or will we have to wait till tomorrow? Can't wait to get things rolling. I think i will check into getting one of those tickets as well and don't mind driving 3 1/2hours to see the game.

Mr. Levenson,

thank you for your dedication to the team, and your support of the fans. I hope you survived the past couple of weeks without pulling all your hair out. I bought season tickets this year because I am so excited about the direction of the team and the ownership (well, you know, the remaining ownership). I won't be taking advantage of this special offer as I have the season tickets, but this is a fantastic offer, and a wonderful sign of fan appreciation. True hawk fans are thrilled with your commitment to see Billy Knight's vision through and turn this team around, and we can all see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you for your dedication.

• Premium Member

Selfishly, this post makes me remember the days when we felt so fortunate to get Arthur Triche to coordinate a Q&A with Pete Babcock.

And, indeed, that was its own coup.

But to see an owner taking an overt interest in the passion of Hawk fans on this board is something that is its own special thing -- and that's a great tribute to the professionalism that chilzatl's administration of this board has wrought.

Indeed... Mr. Levenson kindly affirms this to be "the essential messageboard for fans of the Atlanta Hawks."

Press Conference scheduled for 3:00p.m. today according to the AJC. Could very well be Joe Johnson shaking hands with Billy Knight and Company. I will have to catch it during my lunch break this evening around 7:00pm.

• Premium Member

This is awesome! It is refreshing to know that we have HIGHLY competent people in the front office that are as passionate about the franchise as we are...that actually care about us and what we think! grin.gif

I'm so glad that we we'll be able to complete this "business" with Belkin; for a moment there, our future looked bleak. I never thought that it would get so bad, but had Belkin remained to gum everything up, for the first time in my 20 years of watching this team...I considered boycotting the Hawks altogether. crazy.gif ...and I wasn't alone.

Hats off to you guys for coming in to turn this thing around. You guys are doing a GREAT JOB and the overwhelming majority of us are behind you 100%.