• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think Al will be traded soon...

TheRedStripes

During the press conference today, when Mike Woodson was talking about the young nuclueus of the team, he started to leave out Al, but then caught himself and added in Al as one of the " veterans" but I really think that Al is going to be traded, I'm not sure if I would like that or not, I think Al could put up really good numbers this year, but if they can get a quality big man I would be all for it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

We don't want to trade Al for the sake of trading him. He is a quality PF and would bring some stability to the team if he stays. If he goes then it needs to be either for a C or PG. Otherwise we need to keep him.

Agreed, except that the Hawks don't really need a PG this year. They have three solid options in JJ, Salim, and Lue.

If a young center becomes available, then it's adios to Al. Also, if Smith proves capable of playing PF, then Al might be dealt for a good draft pick.

Otherwise, it's a S&T in the offseason.

Guest Walter

...especially one potentially of Harrington's caliber or greater as a player, then start ZaZa at Pf and play him 24 MPG for the time being until Marvin can step in at the position more than that.

W

• Premium Member

Right now, I don't see it.

I suspect that If Al is traded, it will be for somebody of lesser talent who may have potential.

Maybe Al for Nene somehow.

But there aren't many good C and the teams with Good Cs won't trade them for a tweener.