• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Darko further down depth chart!

parvezf

Detroit just signed Dale Davis, adding him to their current stable of big men that includes Rasheed Wallace, Ben Wallace, Antonio McDyess, Jason Maxiell, and, oh yeah, Darko Milicic. It may be wishful thinking, but this just might add fuel to the fire of doing a Harrington for Darko + filler swap. My preference has always been to play the season, have Harrington beef up his property value, and then trade him at the deadline. But, I don't think we could do better than a young big man such as Darko even at the deadline. Maybe we get an additional pick. Or, maybe Harrington never gets untracked and we get diddly. So, I think this would be worth (re)exploring at this time. Some posters on the RealGM Pistons board are even speculating as to whether either of the Wallaces could play some small forward, so there may indeed be a need for a SF (I know they have Prince) with some scoring talent.

BK realizes that we are set as far as the future goes all throughe 1-4.

Unless Darko is going to beef up about 40 more lbs, we have no need for him.

The only reason we trade AL is if Marvin is ready, and we get a good big man in exchange.

Not for some guy who may never live past being the bust in the can't miss draft.

i don't see why we don't give al a new contract, unless we're just trying to save money. i in no way seeing marvin being as good a player as al in the next three seasons. and i really don't think he will ever be as good as al. al is a 20-9 guy. you don't trade that for darko, a draft pick, or someone on your roster you think has potential. al is proven and everybody just wants to throw him away after one year and i don't understand why. why not have two proven scoring threats on the team, see if one of the youngsters becomes consistant, then you have something to build on

Quote:

BK realizes that we are set as far as the future goes all throughe 1-4.

Unless Darko is going to beef up about 40 more lbs, we have no need for him.

Not for some guy who may never live past being the bust in the can't miss draft.

wait...

is this the same guy who wanted us to get martynas #2 in the drafT?

Any guy over 7'2 can play center, that damn simple

What I was aiming at was the fact that BK got rid of 2 1st rounders for JJ.

If he wanted to keep bringing in young guys through the draft he would have kept the picks and played hardball like Belkin.

Oh and this year's draft does not even compare slightly to 03.

It can barely keep up with 04.

If we got Darko for Al Harrington, i would do be extremely excited, Darko has talent, he showed that against the Hawks last year, that was pretty much the only game in which he got decent minutes, and he produced...I think he is going to be good, and he is a 7 footer, he can play center, espeecially since BK isn't really all that intent on finding a guy that is a prototypical center, Darko has versatility so he should fit in as the kind of C/PF BK is looking for

If we trade Al for Darko it could work out extremely well for us but is it worth the risk We have a great idea of what Al is but no idea of what Darko is. We would essentially be throwing the towel in for this season. Without a second option JJ will be ineffective no matter how good he is. A Darko for Al trade would cost us quite a few wins and I'm not convinced of what Darko can do at all. I would wait until the deadline before pursuing Darko. That will give time to have some idea of what Marv is capable, give Al a chance to build up his stock, and give Detroit a chance to see how much they need an upgrade at SF when Miami and Indiana and getting in that a**.

Guest Walter

I think Darko would be a great fit for us. We need versatility within our versatility. Different skill sets at different positions. Darko can play 2 positions (4 & 5)like everybody else on our roster. He has untapped potential thanks to LB (played over 20 mins in 3 games last year, otherwise DNP) and a broken hand the year before. He needs a confidence coach after the last two years though. Yada, yada, yada.

W

Al has never been a 20 and 9 guy. He just had his best season, and he averaged 17 and 7. That's not bad. It is certainly better than a lot of Hawks fans want to give Al credit for being. However, he also isn't an untradeable superstar and doesn't have nearly the upside that Marvin has.

When Marvin is ready, which will be very soon, he will be playing at one of the forward spots with Josh Smith at the other. There is simply no denying this fact, which puts Al into a 6th man role if he stays with the Hawks.

Billy isn't going to trade Al for the sake of trading him, but if he can get himself a big man with potential, I think Billy will make the move.

Quote:

Any guy over 7'2 can play center, that damn simple

pavel?

wang zhizhi?

name one GOOD center that is over 7'2...

and draft picks were the ONLY way to get jj...we had NO other assets that would allow them to trade jj and still save face...delk was not gonna placate their fans...doesn't mean bk doesn't want youth...it means he thinks jj is as good as those picks and that those picks will not be very high because we will be in the playoffs in 2 years...

Quote:

Let me get this straight.....You like Darko....but you r not sold on Marvin....good grief.

well, its like this...I think Darko can be a solid big man, which is something the Hawks desperately need, trading Al for him wouldn't be so bad because he will probably be gone anyway after the season, he is young and big, and fits what BK is trying to do...I'm not saying i think Darko is going to be a superstar, i just think that would be a good trade for the Hawks, I'm also not saying Marvin is going to suck, im just saying im not sure if Marvin was worth the no.2 pick when other players like Andrew Bynum and Gerald Green could have been taken,and i think both of those guys have more potential than Marvin, and Marvin has proven NOTHING, he has not even been a starter on the college level. Again, im not saying Marvin will suck, all i was saying is i'm not sure if he was worth the no.2 pick, and im not saying Darko is a sure fire superstar, im just saying i think he will be a solid big man, which is worth Al harrington

I disagree!

What are you expect us to do with Al Harrington? Resign him? Don't get your hopes up for that happening. By keeping Al it might hurt his value like it has all of our other talents, and I would like to see the Darko for AL swap. I'm willing to give Darko a chance at the cost of Al Harrington. Al Harringtons not even close to being a legit power forward.

Consdiering this will be a weak draft coming up and that the Hawks probably would get a 15-20 1st rounder plus the hawks are lottery protected why not take chance at Darko.We need a big man desperately.We won't get one next year and if we are bad enough in 2007 then we may get one.I don't see that though since the hawks probably should make the playoffs or finish with a decent record enough to keep them from getting Oden.The free agent crop for bigmen is horrendous why not Darko.There was a reason people though highly of him and since he is getting no playing time will never develop.It doesn't take that much nowadays to be a decent center.Look at what some of the centers want today in terms of money.I would love to have Darko and if he is a bust we tried.It is sitting back waiting for a big man to become available which will never happen because big men are so hard to find that that would be the mistake.Al Harrington will not resign with the Hawks .Get something while you can unless you value a 15-20 pick in a weak draft.

at first glance i would say al is worth more than darko. that, and marvin isn't ready to start yet. however marvin will eventually be starting and that leaves al out in the dark. so maybe trading him now and taking our lumps in the beginning of the season is worth it...

but i'd like to get something else out of it besides Darko since they're the ones who tried to get us to do that trade. maybe a 1st round pick.