• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who will be traded first?

jumpshot

I think it is obvious to everyone that we have a glut of small forwards. We have Harrington, Childress(maybe),Smith, and Williams that excel at the small forward position. One of theses guys will need to go by the end of the year. We have two choices which are Harrington and Childress to trade. Smith want be traded because he has to much potential and I think he will show big improvement this year. Marvin is too young to trade, he could explode. If Harrington has an improved from last year than, we need to sign him long term. That leaves Childress as a piece who likely will be traded.

• Premium Member

Quote:

that is not necessarily true. If JJ does not work out at PG position we very well could trade Chill for a quality PG while we move JJ over to SG.

Dude! the coaching staff will not determine whether JJ can play point guard or not based on a 1/2 of a season. I will be at least a 2 years process. And to me he already looks fine at point.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Dude! the coaching staff will not determine whether JJ can play point guard or not based on a 1/2 of a season. I will be at least a 2 years process. And to me he already looks fine at point.

I also think JJ will be fine at PG, but I don't agree that it will be a two-year process.

Hence the re-signing of Tyronn Lue.

I think Joe Johnson is our Point Guard come hell or high water... J-Chill is going to mature into one helluva SG and I hope it is in a Hawks' uniform.

Think of the matchup problems when you put Childress and JJ out on the flor with Smoove, Al and Zaza. We have a large backcourt that it would be awesome to be able to take advantage of.

• Premium Member

JChill needs to pull out the old Jordan footage and learn how to back down smaller guards. I think the fear is already there with JJ.

We'd definitely have more success with exploiting our size if both of our guards were post up guards...